Magnetic jewelley

Hilary52

Are diabetics allowed to wear a magnetic bracelet? I am type 1 and got one as a present as I have aches and pains and no energy. Has anyone got one?

AndrewG

Dislikes
Hypo's
I used to wear one for playing golf, but to be absolutely honest I think it was a waste of time and more of a case of mind over matter. So if you want towear it, then do so.

AMBrennan

The issues with items you cannot use is mostly because diabetics can result in nerve damage which would prevent you from noticing incorrect use or malfunctioning devices (e.g. Hand warmers - there is a risk that you could get serious burns without noticing).

As a magnetic bracelet does not do any such things there is no reason diabetics shouldn't use them.

Whether they do anything at all is of course another question entirely.

AlanC

Magnetic bracelets are pure quackery. They do not have any effect on the body because your body is not magnetic!

Chrisspiller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I found it refreshing to come to this forum for reasoned debate and good advice, my post diagnosis medical care was very regimented, you will take these drugs, etc. the approach that I've found here is reasoned and practical and not judgemental. I wear a magnetic bracelet, my joints feel better for it, I accept that it may be psychsosematic and that medical opinion does not support it, but then again medical opinion does not support my low carb diet.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: Geordie_P and Pasha

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Chrisspiller said:
<snip> I wear a magnetic bracelet, my joints feel better for it, I accept that it may be psychsosematic and that medical opinion does not support it, but then again medical opinion does not support my low carb diet.
My FiL too found the magnetic pads useful with his arthritis, but if it is psychsosematic how come it also worked on my old collie :crazy: ( And I know.. Smarter than the average dog :lolno: )

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
My wife purchased a Sabona copper bracelet for me, to reduce hip pains that prevented my getting a decent nights sleep. I thought the idea ridiculous, but decided that if it didnt help then at least it shoud not cause any harm.I wore it and forgot about it,until about two weeks later I realised that I was sleeping better and the pains had gone. I dont know how the bracelet works ie by proven scientific facts and plausible mechanisms etc but I do know, that for me it works.