feeling a little down

Angel.999

Hi Im type 2 been about a year and a half since diagnosis i was 18 stone and now im just under 15 , my sugars on diagnosis was 24 now im average between 5.6 and about 8 , two metformin 500mg a day tried diet but did not work i work full time 24 hour shift work , my HbA1c test on first diag was 80 then 70 my last results a month ago was 55 , which i was pleased with my doctor says it acceptable but could be better, i am doing the best i can i hardly have anything sweet, not had a chocolate bar for months , love chocolate and miss it , try to have a treat once a month but cant bring myself too sometimes as worrying about what it will do i have cut my portion sizes and watch my carbs , got a bike to cycle walk the dog and trying to take up ice skating again, but with 12 hour shifts not much time to do this , i do it when i can, i was doing ok, just recently feeling a little deflated, worrying limb amputations and going blind, my docor on my last visit , was pleased with my last results saying it was acceptable but could be better, but that ill probably end up on insulin as my pancreas will shut down further as i get older and will be more problems with my diabetes , im 46 now , he said that will probably get complications and the treatment s for type 2 will become less effective with time, i just wonder is it worth depriving myself of good stuff if i m going to get the complications anyway, i dont even drink wine anymore, switched to decaf coffee , not had a cake for ages , sorry but im wondering if anyone else has felt like this and is it all really worth it , ill be ok its just seems to be hard , i thought i was doing ok , but after this visit to my doc im not sure anyone ever felt like this thanks

davemcn

Hi angel.. I just have been diagnosed recently for type 2 and I love my sweet stuff.. My reading for hbmc1 or whatever it is was 110!! Since that I have cut out sugar in coffee tea etc, started watching what I eat, sugar consumption etc and I'm hoping this reading will come down significantly.. I have had the same concerns as yourself, so would be good to share experiences and thoughts worries etc.. I'll be getting another test soon hopefully so I'll let you know how it goes... In the mean time... Keep positive... We can do it!!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Chrisspiller

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi there I was diagnosed three years ago, it was difficult to come to terms with and depression is a symptom of diabetes, but please don't give up! It will get better if you work at it. I've just joined this forum and found it a mine of useful information. I've just read the thread about diabetes positives and agree with nearly all of them, and it was a really uplifting read. Just before Christmas I had to have a multiple heart bypass, due to some complications it wasn't as successful as it should have been, so my prognosis isn't great, but it's just further incentive to live a more healthy life and make the most of it whilst I can.
I wish you all the best, please don't give in, it will get better!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App