like a mad thing

susanmanley

By one this lunch time I have driven 40+ miles, done a BIG shop, unloaded and put away, tidied a cupboard so it would fit in, sorted a freezer for same reason, done the washing, worked around drying clothes, washed up and put away, wiped out oven from last nights escapades and cleaned all the tops, swept through all downstairs, washed all the floors, made beds [including grandaughters] made some soup, cleaned cat area, cleaned one toilet....Oh and visited local garden centre for a wander, coffee and booked a lunch table for the 6th. Now Stopped!!

Does anyone else get these mad days when you just have to keep rushing about?

why one day can you hardly bother to get dressed and then next day you are like this?

I worry a bit because I often get poorly next day...it is like nature is telling me to get everything done while I can

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
susanmanley said:
I worry a bit because I often get poorly next day...it is like nature is telling me to get everything done while I can

Hi susan .
Yep - I have had these energetic frenzy days too :wave:
They feel great when I have them :thumbup:
Getting 'loads' done and achieved with the huge burst of energy fueling me forwards
like a woman possessed ...

I "ALWAYS" end up paying the price of this - either 24 or 48 hours later .
Totally drained(achey) , knackered up and feeling quite ill :sick:

Have had to learn and self teach myself to 'PACE' myself better ...

I know it 'feels' great at the time though .
I have often wondered if ? its an hormone thingy :think:

Anna.

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
susanmanley said:
By one this lunch time I have driven 40+ miles, done a BIG shop, unloaded and put away, tidied a cupboard so it would fit in, sorted a freezer for same reason, done the washing, worked around drying clothes, washed up and put away, wiped out oven from last nights escapades and cleaned all the tops, swept through all downstairs, washed all the floors, made beds [including grandaughters] made some soup, cleaned cat area, cleaned one toilet....Oh and visited local garden centre for a wander, coffee and booked a lunch table for the 6th. Now Stopped!!

Does anyone else get these mad days when you just have to keep rushing about?

why one day can you hardly bother to get dressed and then next day you are like this?

Yep! I get them and I absolutely LOVE them. I feel like I did when I was 30 and could sprint from one task to another around the house without having to sit down for a rest in between. It's like I have so much energy surging through my body that I just have to keep going and it usually happens around full moon ... at that time of the month we've built up energy and are desperate to use it up ... and then ... we sort of reach a peak and then we start to wane.

Check the moon cycles and check your own energy rhythms and you might just see a pattern. When moon is going from invisible to full that takes 14 days and we're 'building up' energy, we peak at full moon and then the moon starts to grow smaller again ... another 14 days and we start waning. You'll notice your energy levels decrease at that period of time and we're meant to go with the flow and take it easy. Often we don't notice the moon's rhythm and we try to relax when it's waxing and work hard when it's waning ... if we do that we're going against out body's natural rhythm.

If you look at the sky tonight you'll find the moon is big and round, sense how your body feels ... you might also feel 'full to bursting' and a 'need to get things done' at this time. Once the moon starts to get smaller again, you should find you feel more relaxed and less energetic than the first two weeks from New Moon to Full Moon and you turn into a couch potato.

Good website - http://www.wicca-spirituality.com/moon-phases.html :D

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
I was up at 6am today even though it's Saturday. I had to collect a parcel from the post office before 10am so I was bathed, dressed and out by 9am. Normally, I'd still be in bed at the weekend at that time but today I 'just had to get things done'. There's an urgency about full moon and that's why we often push ourselves to extremes and then flop. The flop coincides the moon beginning to wane. Look at the sky for the next 14 days.

After I trundled through the snow to the PO, I slipped and slithered back to my car and I felt soooooo ENERGETIC I could have walked for miles today. I decided to do my weekly shop and spent about an hour and half at ASDA, normally I'm in and out in a matter of minutes because I can't be bothered walking round the place.

On the way home I called in at the hairdresser (not the one who scalped me recently) and I had to walk quite a way from my car and across a very busy road, slither, slither all the way. Made my appointment, slithered back to the car. I came home, unloaded, unpacked, tidied round, put a wash on, sorted some paperwork, ate lunch, and I'm still buzzing and also my mood is very happy because I've completed what I wanted to this weekend. :D

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Grace :)
Have saved your link - found it interesting :thumbup:
Never would have thought about the moon link or energy source etc.

You been hugging pavements again :?:
Please be careful - love your posts :clap:

Anna.x

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
anna29 said:

Anna.x

Yep Anna ... ask any Police officer, Paramedic or A & E worker, they'll tell you what happens at full moon. Also psychiatrics often experience higher rates of admissions around that time, some full moons are better/worse than others, depending what zodiac sign the moon is in that month. Also it's not advisable to have surgery around full moon because the moon affects the tides and also our body fluids and we tend to bleed more easily at that time.

At one time astrology was also an important part of a doctor's training, and calculation the position of the moon was important - here's another link about that - http://www.bl.uk/learning/artimages/bod ... yhome.html

But then astrology fell out of favour and was pooh poohed as rubbish - because the powers that be didn't want the minions to know too much about what makes us all tick. :D

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Thankfully no pavement hugging today Anna, I slithered a bit but no falls :D Yayyy!

But after my flurry of energy all morning, I turned the heat up at home, put the telly on and started watching a mystery film on TV. It's been on for about 3 hours and I've fallen asleep and woken up twice!!! That's another aspect of full moon, sometimes I end of so active that I miss a whole night's sleep, other times I tend to fall asleep after a burst of energy. It's in Leo this month, next month will be in Virgo. It's always in the opposite sign to where the Sun is at the time. We're in late January so the sun is in Aquarius at the moment so the moon is in it's opposite sign of Leo. Get it? :crazy:

I'm hungry now, time for my chicken korma :shh:

Neicy0412

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I'm the other way today :( got a sore throat and no energy, fortunately it's my day off, ' cos my day has been spent in my dressing gown curled up on the sofa reading, the most energetic thing I have done is make some toast and a cup of tea :( I do love those days though when you wake up fizzing with energy, I wish I was like that every day :)

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Neicy0412 said:
I'm the other way today :( got a sore throat and no energy, fortunately it's my day off, ' cos my day has been spent in my dressing gown curled up on the sofa reading, the most energetic thing I have done is make some toast and a cup of tea :( I do love those days though when you wake up fizzing with energy, I wish I was like that every day :)

Awww just pamper yourself Neicy ... I had my flurry of energy in the morning and then zonked out for an hour or so in the afternoon. Sometimes we just have no choice but to go with the flow :D You've probably 'done your bit' for this month, so enjoy relaxing and gather your strength.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
GraceK said:
anna29 said:

Anna.x

Yep Anna ... ask any Police officer, Paramedic or A & E worker, they'll tell you what happens at full moon. Also psychiatrics often experience higher rates of admissions around that time, some full moons are better/worse than others, depending what zodiac sign the moon is in that month. Also it's not advisable to have surgery around full moon because the moon affects the tides and also our body fluids and we tend to bleed more easily at that time.

At one time astrology was also an important part of a doctor's training, and calculation the position of the moon was important - here's another link about that - http://www.bl.uk/learning/artimages/bod ... yhome.html

But then astrology fell out of favour and was pooh poohed as rubbish - because the powers that be didn't want the minions to know too much about what makes us all tick. :D

Oooh now you mention it - the police do have extra officers in some towns on night shifts .
To cope with the extra pressure on them given incidents on full moon weeks/weekends .
Remember this 'was' mentioned on one of those cop programmes on TV.
Can imagine the extra pressure in the A&E depts plus the paramedics and psychiatry teams too ...
[to be honest - just never given this much thought - now its has got me thinking :think: ]

Am due to have 'op' on my shoulder, rotator cuff is calcified up - will be due op end of feb or very early march .
Will have to look up what is what cosmically happening both of these times ?

The greeks many years and moon's/sun's ago - charted and worked/implemented their lives within the cosmic solar system .

The elements of earth,fire,water,wood,metal, adding to each persons temperment and character.
I am metal [highly stubborn and unyeilding] hubby is water [very fluid will just go with the flow] our daughter is wood [bend
lean on her firmly and she will snap!] mother is earth [very grounding persona] dad is fire [gets heated and angry]

It is interesting to match personality/temperment to the element given to you on the date of your birth .
The year you were born as well as the birth date will give you your element .

I also find the chinese astrology highly interesting and frighteningly accurate too!
Must stress I dont believe in fortune telling etc... :thumbdown:

Anna.

susanmanley

That all sounds so interesting
I am still rather 'weeeeee' despite having a bath and trying to calm down.
Now sat beside a very laid back husband trying not to agitate too much!!

I was born in July, so was he but 3 years earlier, but we always seem on opposites..if i am depressed he is happy, if he is low i am not and same with activity although he is much more active than me generally

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
susanmanley said:
That all sounds so interesting
I am still rather 'weeeeee' despite having a bath and trying to calm down.
Now sat beside a very laid back husband trying not to agitate too much!!

I was born in July, so was he but 3 years earlier, but we always seem on opposites..if i am depressed he is happy, if he is low i am not and same with activity although he is much more active than me generally

I was born in July too Susan. I'm Cancerian, my zodiac ruler is the Moon so I'm very sensitive to it's cycles and rhythms. In fact, I'm sensitive bordering on clairvoyant at times. You and your husband sound as if you have an energy balance/exchange sort of thing going on, which is good really because you balance each other out.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hope you dont mind - I am moving this thread to the general chat .
Given the debate topic/subject .
Be more suited there :)

Anna.

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Well today the moon reached it's peak in fullness and I didn't feel particularly energetic but I looked out of the window, the sky was blue, the slush was gone, the rain had stopped and I thought "I'm going for a walk in the park." I called my 71 year old 'personal trainer' and asked if he was up for a walk (he always is), I collected him in my car and set off for my favourite park which is huge, it covers 235 acres and to me it's heaven on earth. It has a lake, a glasshouse where concerts are held, woodlands, grasslands, a cafe and lots of nooks and crannies to explore.

Usually he does all the talking while I puff and blow alongside him trying to keep up - but not today. Today I talked NON-STOP about everything and nothing and TWO HOURS LATER I was STILL TALKING AND WALKING and I couldn't believe it. This time 3 months ago I was still using sticks and couldn't have walked for more than half an hour. And I certainly COULDN'T have walked AND talked.

We walked back to the car and I said "It's too nice to just go home, let's have another walk in THAT direction." So we set off again and found a beautiful part of the park we'd never seen before, which is also said to be haunted. We walked for a further half hour before going back to the car and the only thing that stopped me from walking further was ... my feet were getting sore. So reluctantly we made for the car, but I was really energised by the light today. And there were so many people out walking, cycling, jogging, people just out enjoying the beautiful surroundings. People with children, people with dogs, people in couples, people alone, families - all out enjoying the light.

I felt so lucky to be able to enjoy such beauty. :D

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
It always feels great to get out exploring, especially if you find somewhere beautiful and serene. It's not just good for the soul, its good for the body too!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DCUK Forum mobile app

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
If you get bored, come round to my house, I've loads that needs doing in my garden
Hana