IPHONE COMPATIBLE BLOOD SUGAR METER HALF PRICE AT BOOTS!

ALLISON462

Hi there
After hearing rave reviews about a blood sugar meter that connects to your IPhone, I just found out that Boots have it for £24 instead of £48 with free delivery to your local store. It is called a ibgstar. It sounds amazing but Ive heard that the test strips can be difficult to get hold of and Boots def do not stock them but local chemists seem to be more sucessful. Also, please check the meter is compatible with your iphone and software version.

Birdy3_uk

Hi Allison,
The IBGStar is great. I brought one about a month ago- half price at boots and they have no problem get my prescriptions in for the strips.

The meter itself is sooo tiny, about the size of a USB pen- i only plug it into my iphone once a day to store results so its great to be able to carry something so little around.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was given this meter by my DSN and was unimpressed with it. Seemed to give higher results than it should have, i.e. having hypo symptoms but showing an ok reading. I ended up going back to my old meter

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

bethan90

I have this meter. Initially I loved it, but after switching back to my other meter because I had ran out of bgstrips I realised that my readings were so much higher. Old meter saying 8.9, other old meter saying 8.4, ibgstar saying 13.4!! Also the lancets are not very nice and have to prick my fingers a number of times before gettin any blood. Gave up in the end. However, had no trouble getting the strips on to my prescription so anyone thinking of getting this meter shouldn't worry about that being an issue.