Hypo gel / hypo stop

johnipswich

Has anyone else seen this in the baking isle of Tesco? Was wondering if the same as hypo gel and of use during a hypo? Also much cheaper than hypo gel. It's about £1.75 per tube

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1359463205.206217.jpg
    ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1359463205.206217.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 2,410

JConnor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow not seen that before but think will need a trip to tesco now :)
Having googled it seems to be fine for hypo's :)

glaves_r1991

I'd be very intrested in trying something other then hypostop as it tastes foul tasting

Sent from my LT15i using DCUK Forum mobile app

scottish-jim

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've not had a hypo - yet!

Just about to start insulin injections so need to think about safegaurding against hypos.

Would this stuff work?

How much would you take?

Will be going to Tesco at the weekend so might get some :)

AMBrennan

Yeah, it will work, assuming that it is actually glucose. Or you could use glucose powder (£1.50 for a pound at Boots). The main selling point of HypoStop/Glucojuice/Glucotabs, however, is convenience - how are you going to transport the liquid glucose (since it's for baking, it will be a lot more than the 15g you would need to treat a hypo). How long are measured applications going to keep (you shouldn't be having hypos frequently enough for this not to be an issue).

You don't particularly have to use HypoStop - your pharmacy should be able to order some Glucotabs if they don't stock them. Or maybe try some of the glucose gels marketed at runners.

Edit to add: Keep in mind that glucose dissolved in water only doesn't taste particularly nice either.

elainechi

hi can someone tell me how many carbs in 4 oblong dextrose tablets please.....the info on the packet is so so tiny.....my daughter carries a keyring fob that holds 4 ...hoping some where between 10 and 20......thank you x

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Always use lucozade, couple of mouthfuls, sorted. Also easy to carry, reseal and use again if needed. 1 small bottle lasts ages

Sent from my GT-S5360 using DCUK Forum mobile app

Spearmint

elainechi said:
hi can someone tell me how many carbs in 4 oblong dextrose tablets please.....the info on the packet is so so tiny.....my daughter carries a keyring fob that holds 4 ...hoping some where between 10 and 20......thank you x

They should be 4g each so 4 would give 16g