Ebay and paypal, need help

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi I could do with some help please. This is the second time only that I have bought something off of ebay, I committed to buying the 2 small items( lampshades) but I just want to use my card and NOT open an Paypal account. Everytime I click to pay it wants me open an account and I have already committed to buying the items. Can I back out of the payment without penalities, but more importantly how do I get around just using my card. I will not open an Paypal account!!!!!!! I keepsearching for an 'opt' out button, but not surprisinly, I cant find anything. :( :( Any help you can give would be very much appreciated. Thanks :D RRB

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
If seller only accepts Paypal then you'll need an account ! I would click "contact seller" and tell them you do not have, or wish to have, a Paypal account. Ask for alternative method of paying. They should be fine with that.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

WhitbyJet

Go back to look at the listing and see payment methods accepted by the seller. You could email the seller, it may be possible to pay by cheque.
I have used PayPal for years and never had any problems or incurred additional charges.

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Is there any reason you're against opening a PayPal account?

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
PayPal was set up to work with ebay and offers the buyer a great deal of protection. You don't have to use PayPal to accept payments, have a PayPal money account etc, when you use it with ebay, you can just pay with your credit or debit card as with many other card clearing services. The difference is for the seller. The charges to the seller are lower and the money goes into his account quickly. Card clearing services such as WorldPay hang onto the money for some weeks. That's typical for a big retailer but not someone selling a couple of small items.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Thanks for your replies. I think It would be best to get in touch with the supplier. I am a cautious person and as i said I dont wish to open an account. The first time with my card,there didn't appear to be any problems, but buying for a second time now when I press the continue button to pay there is this information on the right side, this is it , Its the terms and conditions at the bottom I dont like, I'm new to this and I dont hand over money without looking into all the details and the hidden ones ?. I do prefer going to the shops for items, but I do like these lampshades:-

Choose a way to payYour order total£25.98 GBPYou'll be able to see your order details before you pay...
Loading...Updating countryAuthenticating your informationLogging you inAuthenticating your information.Securing your information.Updating your information...Updating your information...Updating order total.... Billing

Choose a way to pay

Create a PayPal account
And pay with your debit or credit card

Learn more about PayPal - the faster, safer way to pay.

CountryChoose a CountryUnited KingdomAlbaniaAlgeriaAndorraAngolaAnguillaAntigua and BarbudaArgentinaArmeniaArubaAustraliaAustriaAzerbaijan RepublicBahamasBahrainBarbadosBelgiumBelizeBeninBermudaBhutanBoliviaBosnia and HerzegovinaBotswanaBrazilBruneiBulgariaBurkina FasoBurundiCambodiaCanadaCape VerdeCayman IslandsChadChileChinaColombiaComorosCook IslandsCosta RicaCroatiaCyprusCzech RepublicDemocratic Republic of the CongoDenmarkDjiboutiDominicaDominican RepublicEcuadorEl SalvadorEritreaEstoniaEthiopiaFalkland IslandsFaroe IslandsFijiFinlandFranceFrench GuianaFrench PolynesiaGabon RepublicGambiaGermanyGibraltarGreeceGreenlandGrenadaGuadeloupeGuatemalaGuineaGuinea BissauGuyanaHondurasHong KongHungaryIcelandIndiaIndonesiaIrelandIsraelItalyJamaicaJapanJordanKazakhstanKenyaKiribatiKuwaitKyrgyzstanLaosLatviaLesothoLiechtensteinLithuaniaLuxembourgMadagascarMalawiMalaysiaMaldivesMaliMaltaMarshall IslandsMartiniqueMauritaniaMauritiusMayotteMexicoMicronesiaMongoliaMontserratMoroccoMozambiqueNamibiaNauruNepalNetherlandsNetherlands AntillesNew CaledoniaNew ZealandNicaraguaNigerNiueNorfolk IslandNorwayOmanPalauPanamaPapua New GuineaPeruPhilippinesPitcairn IslandsPolandPortugalQatarRepublic of the CongoReunionRomaniaRussiaRwandaSaint Kitts and Nevis AnguillaSaint Pierre and MiquelonSaint Vincent and GrenadinesSamoaSan MarinoSão Tomé and PríncipeSaudi ArabiaSenegalSeychellesSierra LeoneSingaporeSlovakiaSloveniaSolomon IslandsSomaliaSouth AfricaSouth KoreaSpainSri LankaSt. HelenaSt. LuciaSurinameSvalbard and Jan Mayen IslandsSwazilandSwedenSwitzerlandTaiwanTajikistanTanzaniaThailandTogoTongaTrinidad and TobagoTunisiaTurkeyTurkmenistanTurks and Caicos IslandsTuvaluUgandaUkraineUnited Arab EmiratesUnited StatesUruguayVanuatuVatican City StateVenezuelaVietnamVirgin Islands (British)Wallis and Futuna IslandsYemenZambia

Card typeSelect CardMasterCard/EurocardVisa/Delta/ElectronDiscoverAmerican ExpressMaestro

Card number
Expiry date
Expiry dateMonthmm
/

Yearyy

CSC
What is this?
For MasterCard, Visa or Discover, it's the last 3 digits in the signature area on the back of your card. For American Express, it's the 4 digits on the front of the card.
For MasterCard, Visa or Discover, it's the last 3 digits in the signature area on the back of your card. For American Express, it's the 4 digits on the front of the card.
Start date
(if shown on card)Start date
(if shown on card)Start monthmm
/

Start yearyy

Issue Number
(if shown on card)

Billing information

Change
First name
Last name
Address line 1
Address line 2 (optional)
Town/City
CountyAvonBedfordshireBerkshireBristolBuckinghamshireCambridgeshireCheshireClevelandCornwallCumbriaDerbyshireDevonDorsetDurhamEast Riding of YorkshireEast SussexEssexGloucestershireGreater ManchesterHampshireHerefordshireHertfordshireHumbersideIsle of WightIsles of ScillyKentLancashireLeicestershireLincolnshireLondonMerseysideMiddlesexNorfolkNorth YorkshireNorth East LincolnshireNorthamptonshireNorthumberlandNottinghamshireOxfordshireRutlandShropshireSomersetSouth YorkshireStaffordshireSuffolkSurreyTyne and WearWarwickshireWest MidlandsWest SussexWest YorkshireWiltshireWorcestershireAntrimArmaghDownFermanaghLondonderryTyroneAberdeen CityAberdeenshireAngusArgyll and ButeBanffshireBordersClackmannanDumfries and GallowayEast AyrshireEast DunbartonshireEast LothianEast RenfrewshireEdinburgh CityFalkirkFifeGlasgow (City of)HighlandInverclydeMidlothianMorayNorth AyrshireNorth LanarkshireOrkneyPerthshire and KinrossRenfrewshireRoxburghshireShetlandSouth AyrshireSouth LanarkshireStirlingWest DunbartonshireWest LothianWestern IslesBlaenau GwentBridgendCaerphillyCardiffCarmarthenshireCeredigionConwyDenbighshireFlintshireGwyneddIsle of AngleseyMerthyr TydfilMonmouthshireNeath Port TalbotNewportPembrokeshirePowysRhondda Cynon TaffSwanseaTorfaenThe Vale of GlamorganWrexhamChannel IslandsIsle of Man
Postcode

Telephone
Email
Choose a PayPal password8 characters minimum

Re-enter password
Please view, print or save the documents linked below.For more information on the main characteristics of the PayPal service, please read our Key Payment and Service Information.

By clicking the button, you:

•Agree and consent to the terms of the User Agreement, its policies and the Privacy Policy.
•Expressly instruct PayPal to communicate specific information about you and your account to third parties in accordance with the Privacy Policy.•Specifically and expressly consent to the use of website tracking methods, including cookies, and to the safe and secure transmission of your personal information outside the European Union (including to the USA) in accordance with Privacy Policy.
Continue

Thanks again RRB

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
If you're in doubt I can confirm that PayPal is a legit company - I've used it to simplify online payments for years now and never had any problems.

It might be worth reading the privacy policy for a full list of what they do with your details:

https://cms.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/marke ... le.x=en_GB

Especially these 2 headings: 'Disclosure to Other PayPal Customers' & 'Disclosure to Third Parties other than PayPal Customers'

Hope that puts your mind at ease.

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Usually if you call the supplier, they will take card details over the telephone. If you don't see a telephone number anywhere, email them and ask for it. You can even pay your income tax by either paying through a card gateway Santander in the case of HMRC or by phone.

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I agree about going directly to a supplier.
The software paypal uses can't understand that I live in France but have a UK bank account(unlike most other companies like Amazon, M&S , John Lewis). I can't use paypal because of this but have had no problems when I contact vendors directly.