Type 2 Check-up

Knightwatch

I have now been Type 2 Diabetic since 2007 & because about 2yrs ago it was discovered that I had only one & half kidneys & signs of Renal Failure stage 3 many of the standard Diabetic Medications were taken off me as they caused problems with the Kidneys, to that end my main medication is Byetta/Gliclazide/Alvastaton/Aspirn along with other Medication for HBP/Angina/Labyrinthitis etc.

On my last visit to see consultant he was not happy with my HbA1c & my daily bloods & wanted it brought down - his report was sent to GP & following my first Byetta Check-up matter was discussed - however I was then given the Anti Flu injection despite never having been given same before & I have had coughs/sneezing etc - This week I was back at practice & explained that an alteration regarding how I take my evening Gliclazide seemed to be working in brining the Bloods down, however Healthcare staff want me to take 30 min before food which is what I was doing & its was not working yet taking last thing at night about 21:00hrs shows a big improvement - It seems to me despite the fact id diabetes is not controlled it can be a killer, its not about helping the patients its do as I say & all that happens is we go round in circles. Really fed up with Injections/Medication & no one caring about your opinion - its seems all that interests Health care Staff is the next Day off to go to a Diabetic Conferance & while that is essential, nothing they learn is put into practice in UK - yet in USA they are alway striving to indroduce something new. I has become sould destroying in recent months regarding my Diabetes the other half bares the brunt regarding changes in food & daily routines :(

Next time you see your doctor you might try saying something like "X, Y, Z has not been working very well for me, but I would like to do this ..." If you cannot engage your provider to listen to your concerns you may need a new provider. You might check out an article I wrote about whether your doctor is a good communicator and some tips for you to improve communication with your doctor. If you find it helpful please share it.
http://www.diabetesplan.org/10-signs-your-diabetes-doctor-is-a-good-communicator/