Now there's a funny thing.

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
Gay marriage and marijuana being legalized on the same day in Carlifornia. USA.

Leviticus 20:13 “If a man lays with another man he should be stoned.”

Is it just possible we got it wrong all these years. !!!

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.

Trevorden

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I don't mind jokes about diabetes provided they are not nastily intended.
What does pee me off is the fact that I am 40% deaf in both ears being deemed to be a subject for glaces skywards, amusement, and mirth by some ignorant people.
I can't understand it. They wouldn't laugh about someone being blind, so why is deafness a subject for laughter.
I guess it is just ignorance.
I'm planning to create a T-shirt with a huge ear on the front and a slogan saying:-
"Yes, I am somewhat deaf .... and No, it's NOT ****ing funny !"

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
WeeWillie said:
chillijo said:
Love it!! :lol:
:thumbup:

:D
images
lets get stoned on willies beer. :wave:

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm planning to create a T-shirt with a huge ear on the front and a slogan saying:-
Hi,Trevorden, :)
You have made a very good point and I have a similar thing with my mild dyslexia ( nothing as bad as what you have put up with).
Nevertheless I do laugh at things without knowing how offensive it can be to others.
The Tshirt is a good idea but maybe not the ****ing.
Trying to be clever with Wee Willies thread."Best not throw stones in glass houses"

All the best,
Roy, :)

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Trevorden said:
I don't mind jokes about diabetes provided they are not nastily intended.
What does pee me off is the fact that I am 40% deaf in both ears being deemed to be a subject for glaces skywards, amusement, and mirth by some ignorant people.
I can't understand it. They wouldn't laugh about someone being blind, so why is deafness a subject for laughter.

Proverbs 14:29. :wink:

willie.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
My dad was 100% deaf in one ear 75% in the other and people did find it funny at times, specially he's dart team members, they found they didn't find it so funny when I threateneds to rip there heads off, a weird story but I used to worry about him with he's deteriorating hearing, he died 4 yrs ago and I sometimes catch myself worrying about hes hearing, I don't think he cares now lol, he always used to say that at least he couldn't hear my mum nagging him :)