Dog napping

maddiemo

I'm so worried about this dog napping business. These low life's are taking dogs almost out of there owners hands.
What is even more worrying is the police can't do much about it. I love my dog very much I couldn't think of her being taken. What can be done? It's rife in Kent where I live. So please everyone really keep your eyes on your dogs.

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
I've seen a lot about this. It's unfortunate that dogs and their owners are the targets here.

Thankfully, social media is helping to increase awareness about these kinds of things. I read one post on Facebook about a guy who went to a house that had puppies for sale after seeing them advertised on the internet, and he decided against buying one. That same night, the puppies were all stolen and their mother stamped on and left for dead :cry:

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
As a doglover person myself this is absolutely HORRIFIC :shock:
Given half a chance I would like to stamp on the lowlife who did this to
the poor mother of the puppies ...
Makes my blood boil this :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:

Anna.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi All...

Check all your much loved pets dogs - cats etc , ARE microchipped :thumbup:

Vets report animals that are microchipped are "much harder" to sell on ...
RSPCA report they get many abandoned stolen animals with microchips too .
They get them checked and they are returned to their worried and anxious owners :)

Worth it for peace of mind - as they are easier to trace back to worried owners!

Anna.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I'll have to be careful when leaving my pooch tied up outside the local Tesco, a despicable crime that brings heartache and distress to the owners.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Nigel ...

Another story hit the evening post [just before xmas] of a beautiful well loved dog stolen outside the local spar shop too ...

Personally - I wouldnt 'risk' it :thumbdown:

Anna.

Tracey167

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

This is terrible i can't believe people can be so cruel to animals.

A few months back there was a spout of cats becoming really ill and most of them dying, it was in our local paper that someone had been going around leaving food out for the cats and putting anti-freeze in the food which made the cats seriously ill . In total about 40 cats have died because of this. I can't see what someone could possibly get out of doing something that awful.

tracey167

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
anna29 said:
Personally - I wouldnt 'risk' it :thumbdown:

It will certainly make me think twice Anna.

Pilgrim22

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
animal cruelty
imagedndu.jpg

maddiemo

I think we should bring it to people's attention on Facebook, twitter etc and warn all your friends who have dogs. The more we spread the information the better. It said on the news today that all dogs have to be chipped by 2016 bloody good idea!!!!!
Don't leave dogs in cars, outside shops or in front gardens or back if anyone can get in. I have just registered my dog you give them your dogs chip number and they send you a tag to put on there collar with there number on. If anyone finds your dog they ring the number and they can check who the dog belongs to in seconeds.