Sugar free syrups - are they carb free?

notafanofsugar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
everything good for me! getting better though x
Just wanted to ask if anyone here likes sugar free syrups and whether they would be carb free?

This is the one I wanted... :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1360150302.270295.jpg
    ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1360150302.270295.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 1,663

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
According to one of the suppliers:

Monin O'free Sugar-Free, Calorie-Free Syrups, 1 litre bottle (large). Sweetened with Splenda and Erythritol natural sweeteners. Fat free. Low carb (total 4g carbohydates per 30ml serving).

Nutrition information based on 30ml servings, 33 servings per bottle: Calories zero, Fat zero, Sodium zero, Carbohydates 4g of which sugars zero, Protein zero.
no idea how it can have no calories but 4g of carbohydrate .

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Yes that is odd isnt it phoenix? I would imagine it is just the Splenda

Which begs the question why not just use Splenda? I'm sure it would be cheaper...

Desert Diva

Splenda doesn't taste of Hazlenut, or Vanilla , or caramel. Personally I find they are sickly sweet so I just ask for 1/2 a 'shot' in my coffee ;)

Mrssimison

yeah i was a bit confused over this one - I ordered Sweetbird Hazelnut sugar free syrup and it says on the nut info that there is 0g sugar in it... funny tho cos it has a worse impact on my BM's than when I have one from the Coffee Shop?! Is there anyway of accurately testing the syrups?!