High sugars

Cw76

Hi can anyone help I'm experiencing hi sugars my meter has been saying hi but not giving a number? Not sure how hi the sugars are as the last reading before it said hi was 25.5. What do u experience when sugars are so hi as I have been thinking i was having a hypo feeling shaky but thirsty and v tired. They seem to be v high during the night.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
I dont know if your type 1 or 2, but I would be worried with a hi reading as I believe thats 30+. I would recommend calling NHS direct as they can give you medical advice. Also if you have ketosticks check those and if you have ketones you need to go to A&E. But I would definately call NHS direct.

NHS Direct
For health advice and reassurance, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
0845 4647

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you take any more insulin do they come down at all.
If you are a type 1 then you really should test for keytones and be trying to bring them down.
Do you carb count? What have you been eating and have you injected enough that would normally cover it?
Hope you get them down again soon.
As above, please call NHS direct

Angie

Neicy0412

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Definitely get some professional advice please. My meter measures up to 28 before it just registers hi! You could become very ill very quickly, ring NHS direct, don't hang around to see what happens. Good luck hope you get sorted out very soon. X

Cw76

Thank you everyone. I'm type one and carbohydrate count but am also on steroids for a bad chest at the mo so there not helping but just today the meter said high and I've had more than my usual doses of insulin to try bring it down but seems to get back to the 20's even just a drink sends it up. Will get in at the docs. I'm due to go next week to see about getting a pump I was weary but after this weekend it can only be a good thing especially if I end up on the steroids again.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App