Thought Of The Week

Virgo123

Hope your dad finds his strength again. RRB.
My elderly dad now also spends most of his time sleeping. I take him out once or twice a week,
he can no longer walk around as much as he used to, but so look forward to the outings.
He has also changed a lot, and his colour isnt right but he tries hard.

"The quieter you are, the more you can hear" unquote.

Might be a little difficult in the hustle and bustle of the shopping malls now :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
emersonkelly said:
Walking alone with a friend in the dark is more better than walking alone in the light.

Thats a lovely thought provoking quote emersonkelly :D

My thought this week has been for the Homeless. I have given before and bought the Big Issue, but it still makes me so sad when I get into bed at night and even though my bed is cold and empty, at least I have a roof over my head, at least I will be getting warmer, snuggled up in my cosy duvet and not facing and fighting the perils of another night on the streets :cry: :(

A few weeks ago I read James Bowen A Street Cat Named Bob, a wonderful read, I would highly reccommend it and a song, it has to be Phil Collins, Another day in Paradise, just thinking about the words makes me see how lucky I am ...............Takecare RRB

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
My thoughts are fast turning to the coming new year - 2013.

What I can do to enhance or change things for the better .
For both myself and 'others' people near and far too ....

I am a great believer in doing the good things with/to others .
You may never see the benefit's of your own actions - but I always
'believe' whatever little bit is done - it did make a difference anyways :thumbup:

I have "always" been looked out for, with even total strangers many acts of help and kindness towards myself.
Life has taught me to 'give' the very same to others .
Always give something even if its just a smile to a lonely looking lady or man :D
Not cheesy at all - when they stop to say thank you they dont see/speak to many people or live alone.
Life can be hard at times but the best things in life are 'FREE' true fact and saying ...

I love the new year - fresh new beginning - a chance to start doing more, changing/improving things for the better ...

Anna.

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Well this new year hasn't started too well for me - been struggling with sleep over the past week or so. Tried changing my eating habits before bed, tried relaxation routines, done pretty much all I can think of! There's nothing on my mind that's bothering me so I have no idea what's going on! I get in to bed at around 9pm, fall asleep and then wake up within an hour and struggle to get back to sleep for the rest of the night; all that and i get up at 6am for work.

Exhausted doesn't cover it!

Oh well - how is everyone else's new year going? Stuck to your resolutions I hope?

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
536007_137250103077849_51347812_n.jpg

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
been struggling with sleep over the past week or so.

That's weird, I am have identical problem, now I am going to blame weather change.
sleepless-night.jpg

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
483623_549363631758947_301068375_n.jpg

Your friends are precious.....

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Brilliant Daisy :clap:
I ask this one - many times a day !!! :lol:

maddiemo

Good saying for me is "never put off until tomorrow what can be done today" I keep saying it to my husband but he does not take a blind bit of notice :thumbdown:

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Every day do something you dislike doing, something that needs doing and something you LOVE doing !

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes