Northamptonshire : Blood Glucose Meters

ChezMorgan

Dislikes
Peppers , Spiders, War and people who think they are better than me, we are all equal !
My local Diabetes Centre at Kettering General Hospital have BM testing Meters/Monitors available in their waiting room for a " Donation " .
I thought this was very good, especially for those on benefits and wanted to share this information with anyone in the area.

I understand that some doctors will not prescribe lancets and test strips for type 2's and in some cases will only let type 1's have so many. .... and they do work out very expensive to buy !

However, My Gp is very good and always make sure i have enough.
I dont know about anyone else on the forum ( and i will might get in trouble for offering ) but i would be willing to give away ( post) any spare lancets or test strips i find that i have left over from my prescription each month, to someone using the same meter. It might not be many, but if it helps I am willing to do my bit.

ChezMorgan

Dislikes
Peppers , Spiders, War and people who think they are better than me, we are all equal !
British Diabetic Association .
I had no idea you could get them for free, thought i was helping, sorry

Jimbo1973

Dislikes
Beetroot, Cucumber, Radish, Prawns - and arrogant people that have no understanding of how ill you can really be without looking ill
Might be an idea Chez to let people know what monitor you have - i'm sure that not all the test strips are the same ? Correct me if i'm wrong someone please
Great offer tho - i'm sure it wil lhelp someone a great deal, so much so that i'll do the same - if anybody is running a bit low (One Touch Ultra/Ultra Smart) i'll be happy to send you a few in the post of either the test strips or some lancets, or both - just PM me if you'd rather not say it out "aloud" in the forum

Jimbo

PS - This offer does NOT extend to me sharing out my Macadamis Nuts OK !!! :twisted: :evil:

ChezMorgan

Dislikes
Hey Jimbo, .....i started another thread ( with my details) just to make you type a bit more LOL :twisted: