Protein Drinks to aid weight gain

ronmac

Hi

I'm a keen gym user and had lost 30lbs before being diagnosed with Type 2. I now want to put some weight back on and am concentrating on weights to bulk up. I am considering using Maximuscle protein drinks to help with weight gain but am not sure how this will effect my blood glucose count. Has anyone used these type of protein drinks?

Thanks...........RonMac

face990

Dislikes
Not being able to eat pizza
Hi Ron Mac
Being A keen Gym User my self, especially weight training.
I am newly diagnosed but have noticed these drinks have a profound effect on my blood glucose, as a rule of thumb i would stay clear of the majority of protein drinks as they contain alot of quick releasing carbs such as maltodextin and sugars.
But i would suggest looking at Low Carb protein drinks such myoplex carbsense or reflex have a new drink out which is basicly purified water and protein, which has virtually no carbs,which gives you total controll over what carbs you take in and how much.
For example i have a low carb protein bar and an apple before i work out then i use the reflex drink mentioned above during my work out, and an hour after i have a good protein rich meal with slow releasing carbs i.e brown rice.

i hope this helps
Andy