personal question. please answer

DaveNN

viviennem said:
DaveNN said:
viviennem said:
Live plain yoghurt is very good for balancing bacteria. Eat it, and also apply it to the affected area. It sounds ridiculous but it does work!

It must be live and completely natural. Sheep's and goat's is very good.

Viv 8)

Would a muller fruit corner do the job if live yoghurt is out of stock?

:( :)

I'll take that as a joke :lol: - to which the answer is no! You're just adding more sugar :roll: . And there are far too many carbs in any flavoured yoghurt.

Viv 8)

I can't abide yoghurt.... I just don't "get it"..... Food of the devil.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

DaveNN

Alasdair said:
As a male, I too also get very sweaty in the groin area, particularly during sexual activity where it is very prominent around my bottom and groin so is the sweat thing just a diabetic thing in general??? Or have I just got a really sweaty ar*e? thankfully my partner is accepting of it and she deals with it ok.

Aside from the thrush issue etc, isn't there just a chance that it's natural vaginal juices and you're just more 'moist' than others naturally?
That sounds like jock itch to me.
Does the discharge stink worse than a dead camel that's been left in the sun for a week?

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greek natural yoghurt works wonders here.
Its also particularly effective applied to sunburn.

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app

Alasdair

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
DaveNN said:
Alasdair said:
As a male, I too also get very sweaty in the groin area, particularly during sexual activity where it is very prominent around my bottom and groin so is the sweat thing just a diabetic thing in general??? Or have I just got a really sweaty ar*e? thankfully my partner is accepting of it and she deals with it ok.

Aside from the thrush issue etc, isn't there just a chance that it's natural vaginal juices and you're just more 'moist' than others naturally?
That sounds like jock itch to me.
Does the discharge stink worse than a dead camel that's been left in the sun for a week?

Ain't no itch, you're misreading

FrancesB

Nicola,

I've had thrush too, and have had to take a few courses of flucanozole (over a few days).

My GP says it is more than likely a direct result of my poor BG. I haven't had any attacks since diagnosis though, when my BG has been very slowly but steadily coming down.

Frances x

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ask your doctor to check for beta strep.
Its treated with antibiotics and must be treated before considering pregnancy.

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app

candiloo

Hi - I had terrible thrush when I had no idea I had diabetes, nor that my levels were sky high and that I could drink for England and my hair fell out and I lost weight. My under carrieage felt like I needed the fire brigade! I went on holiday to Egypt and spent the whole two weeks either in the sea or the pool, I even got some canestan but although it helped, without reducing the blood sugar, which meant I could hardly see infront of my face either, it didn't last. However, I have posted this, just to give everyone a bit of a laugh and to show sympathy for anyone who ever has thrush. You will forever remember me, every time you get it. My name is Candida. As in Thrush. Hilarious eh? Thanks mother.

Van1946

When my sugar is high I get the itch which is a bother, I also sweat down there a great deal, saw dr, I now wash myself after ruination and use the cream prescribed, I still have to wear daily pads.

Quinkes

Giverny said:
squeeze321 said:
I used to have frequent bouts of thrush when my blood glucose control was poor and after starting Insulin pump therapy last May I no longer suffer from it. I used to douche with red wine vinegar and water and I found this very effective for giving instant relief. You measure out 50% water and 50% red wine vinegar, I think it works because the vinegar matches the ph of the vagina. I would strongly recommend that you add water and not douche with neat vinegar like I did once because I could not sit down for a week.

I laughed out loud at the neat vinegar comment - I did the same thing - ONCE! I refer to Thrush as the bird, also as sometimes it can be tweeting awful :crazy:
Like many others, I had frequent bouts of thrush when my sugars ran high. But a scare with laser treatment for on going Retinopathy put an end to that...

I am a big lass and find wearing only cotton and sparing use of talc can help for the 'crevices' and can make things more comfortable in the underwear department! :thumbup:

cherylle

Hiya i have loads of questions could any ladies give me some advice.Last year my periods stop in august then in jan of this year i was told i had type 2 and now takeing metformin but last week my period returned am 52 in march i thought i was going through the menopuase anyone been were i am thankyou.

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
You could well be going through the menopause, Cherylle. It's not unusual to have the odd bleed if you are one of those who doesn't stop instantly.

However, it's never wise to ignore vaginal bleeding when you think your periods have stopped. Mention it to your doctor; at the same time ask for a blood test to see if you're menopausal. They check for luteinising protein and FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) (I think!) and it's very easy to tell if you're through it.

I had a Mirena coil, which stopped my periods, fitted in 1995 and removed in 2001, and I had the menopause within those 5 years with never a symptom. SInce then I've had at least 3 examinations for vaginal bleeding, with no results, until 2011 when I ignored it for about 6 months before asking to be referred to gynae again. I could tell that the lovely gynaecologist was very worried indeed, even though he never said anything - fortunately it was "only" an enormous polyp :shock: .

It was removed on Boxing Day 2011, and I've had no bleeding since. I've learned my lesson, though - I shall never ignore vaginal bleeding again. If it had been malignant, 6 months would have been too long. They never mind you "wasting their time" - no such phrase in gynae! :D

Talk to your GP, and get that test done. Then you know where you are. And don't worry! - as I said, it's not uncommon.

Viv 8)

spaceman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
im a male type 1 i noticed , when i went for a pee, my penis (tight foreskin) a smell like a sweet smell , any other guys had the same thing ive also noticed my urine is yellow in colour is this caused by excess blood sugar

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
spaceman said:
im a male type 1 i noticed , when i went for a pee, my penis (tight foreskin) a smell like a sweet smell , any other guys had the same thing ive also noticed my urine is yellow in colour is this caused by excess blood sugar
Can do.
In India Diabetes also went by the name of sweet urine.

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
spaceman said:

Quite often urine in either sex can be a darker colour - a distinct yellow - if you haven't been drinking enough water. If it's bright or dark yellow it's too concentrated.

If I get through my 2 litres of water a day, my urine will be a pale straw colour - which is what it should be.

Don't forget that your body gets rid of excess sugar in the urine; if you're not drinking enough, that could account for a more "concentrated" sweet smell that you might notice.

Oh, and it should be water - tap water is perfectly okay, rather than spending a fortune on fancy bottled water. Tea and coffee are both diuretics - you pee more than you drink - so a bit self-defeating. Same with beer, I believe.

Viv 8)

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree good old Lancashire pop is as good as you're Evian.
But i wholeheartedly recommended passing it through a water filter first to remove the chlorine, as it's toxic to you're pancreas.

Dr Zordas

Jeeeeez! When do I not get thrush! :oops: It's come to the stage where I just buy a tube of Canesten 2% every month! :shock:

Frank.