Pumo review - a year and a bit on..

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
I'm chuffed. HBA1c since going to a pump some 14 months ago reducing ever onwards and it was at 7.2 today so everyone was chuffed. Ok it's not the dizzy heights of 5s or 6s but I'm well happy. Everything else came back ok as well including cholesterol of 4.1
The consultant, DSN and dietician were all in the pump clinic review this time - that's a new approach for our diabetic clinics. They had downloaded my pump data and had all the data / trends beforehand which was useful.
My dietician commented on my carbs being lowish at an average of just under 100g per day. I thought 'oh oh here we go with the carbs row' but all she added was that she would recommend that I eat a bit more 120g-140g as this is what the body requires as a minimum daily fuel. Now I know many people on very low carbs would not agree with this but I did think her approach was quite reasonable and not at all over evangelical about carbs as they have been in the past. Maybe a change in attitudes in happening. (Ps - I'm not planning on eating more as I feel fine and personally I can control my sugars and weight better this way).
Good day at the office though. Well done Pete the pump.

snufflebabe

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Well done, keep up the hard work, its always a nice feeling when you get good bloodwork results. Ive been type 1 28 years and pumping for 9 months, i got my best ever HbA1c of 6.9% last week. :D

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Well done Riri :clap: