Re: Is there anybody out there that is happy to have diabete

Sameer said:
How can anybody be happy

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App[/quote

4 kids. Wonderful wife and loving life:smile:

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app

Faith*

Dislikes
Arrogant/unhelpful people. Spiders/bugs basically anything with 6-8 legs. Creeps me out.
Hate mud unless I'm camping oddly

I wonder if when you fully accept diabetes and understand it etc if that's when you start to feel happy about it?

I was unhappy for about 10 years with depression and just general denial, I just couldn't get anything right but since I took control, monitor myself carefully, weigh everything and follow an exercise plan at the gym I'm quite happy with everything.

I've got mild background retinopathy but I've been told this is within acceptable ranges and it's remained unchanged for 4 years so i'm not worried. I'm just getting on with it and doing the best I can. At the end of the day that's all you can do.

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

RRB said:
Patch said:
There are worse things to have! But I'm certainly not happy to be (T2) Diabetic.

Sometimes, I think I'd rather be T1 - at least then I would KNOW that the lack of insulin production was the issue.

If I had a magic wand I would not wish for anyone to have Type 1, especially with everything that goes with it, especially the children

That's a inappropiate sentence to write , truly unbelievable

RRB

It's not inappropriate at all. But you keep wishing for your magic wand. That'll solve everything, and all the diabetic children will be allllriiight...

think-of-the-children.jpg

jgibson1962

I would prefer not to have it. I miss being spontaneous, for instance the sudden urge to go to a restaurant and eat everything on the menu or not. Getting drunk spontaneously, or falling asleep without having to remember that I have to take my slow acting insulin. I would like the option to be out of control if the urge takes me. Other then that its meant that I have to be more disciplined than I'd want to be.

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity

Well ... we have it ... some have T2 and some have T3 ... we have to make the best of it.

I think perhaps the OP didn't intend to offend anyone and perhaps didn't word their question clearly. Maybe they were trying to find out if it's possible for people to have diabetes AND to be happy?

Bodybuilder type1

I just don't see the difference between someone that does have diabetes and someone that does not if they are just as healthy .look I understand where you are coming from I get it you did your best and your numbers were grand but you did not do the right thing you made mistakes that cost you dearly. I think I figured out my self how to be ridden of any complications with a very strict regime it's hard at the start but like anything your body will have to adapt, it will grow stronger .with the right diet exercise and mental focus you can turn diabetes and use it to your advantage .I guaranty this to everyone with diabetes if your type 2 you can be cured if you are type 1 you can be just as healthy or even more than everyone else

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Bodybuilder type1

GraceK said:
Well ... we have it ... some have T2 and some have T3 ... we have to make the best of it.

I think perhaps the OP didn't intend to offend anyone and perhaps didn't word their question clearly. Maybe they were trying to find out if it's possible for people to have diabetes AND to be happy?

You are absolutely right I defiantly and whole Hartley did not mean to offend anyone. I was not rely looking for people to tell me if it was possible I'm not looking for reassurance if I am happy to diabetes, because I know I am happy to have diabetes . I actually love having diabetes , look we all have our ups and downs with everything in life work money love mental attitude whatever it is but at the end of the day you have to keep your head held high, throughout the ups and downs .except who u are and enjoy all the small every day things .if some day My leg falls off or whatever ill figure a way to enjoy it somehow

like they say in finding nemo you just have to keep swimming keep swimming .man I love that movie ! Hahaha :)

picklebean

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

In a word, no!

I have a lot of complications and a lot of health conditions that influence my diabetes and the whole mixture is not a good one. It's a pain in the proverbial, to say the least and my life will be considerably shortened because of it all.

BUT - it doesn't really make me unhappy. I wouldn't say I was overtly happy to be diabetic (T1) but I'm not UNhappy about it.... I just get on with it as best I can... Just keep swimming, just keep swimming!! :lol:

kjw123

Bodybuilder type1 said:
I just don't see the difference between someone that does have diabetes and someone that does not if they are just as healthy .look I understand where you are coming from I get it you did your best and your numbers were grand but you did not do the right thing you made mistakes that cost you dearly. I think I figured out my self how to be ridden of any complications with a very strict regime it's hard at the start but like anything your body will have to adapt, it will grow stronger .with the right diet exercise and mental focus you can turn diabetes and use it to your advantage .I guaranty this to everyone with diabetes if your type 2 you can be cured if you are type 1 you can be just as healthy or even more than everyone else

To Bodybuilder Type1......"I just don't see the difference between someone that does have diabetes and someone that does not" Well!!!!.... there is a big difference, one has a chronic life thretening Illness, the othere does not.

I'm not knocking you my friend in fact I admire your positive attitude, but if there is one thing I have learned in life is nobody is the same as you, your thoughts and attitude about everything in life will vary as you mature this is a natural progression but it's also always good to remember that based on life experiences not not everyone has the same thoughts as yourself.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Patch said:
RRB said:
Patch said:
There are worse things to have! But I'm certainly not happy to be (T2) Diabetic.

Sometimes, I think I'd rather be T1 - at least then I would KNOW that the lack of insulin production was the issue.

If I had a magic wand I would not wish for anyone to have Type 1, especially with everything that goes with it, especially the children

That's a inappropiate sentence to write , truly unbelievable

RRB

It's not inappropriate at all. But you keep wishing for your magic wand. That'll solve everything, and all the diabetic children will be allllriiight...

think-of-the-children.jpg

I stand by my comment about Type 1 and EVERYTHNG that goes with it, you said "sometimes you wish you had Type 1", well I still think its innapproiate Diabeteic children cope very well, I've seen it, they are tough little cookies and its part of their lives and their mums and dads, siblings and other family members. I still I wouldn't wish Type 1 on anyone though, as I'm Type 1 myself and my grandchild. I'm sure there are many people out there who would wish for that magic wand, even just for a day.......... .Patch, I have not said wishing for a magic wand would solve everything :?: :crazy: actually, I would love one right now............................ :D

I hope everyone is good and managing well with their Diabetes, whether you are happy with it or not.

Best wishes RRB

spendercat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty. I am kind.

As A T2 I am happy to have discovered a lot about how my body works, about food and diet. I never needed to know these things before I was diagnosed with Diabetes,and now I am healthier and thinner and my weight is stable. So, yes I am happy despite having Diabetes.
Also I agree with Bodybuilder that if a person maintains their blood sugars in the normal ranges there is no logical reason for them to suffer the physiological complications caused by elevated blood sugar levels.
The belief that Diabetes is inevitably progressive, in all its forms, is based on historical studies from before it was possible for us to maintain normal blood profiles. Nobody knows what the long term consequences are for the 5%ers among us.
I choose to be happy, I choose to hope that todays young people will have normal lifespans and remain healthy if they take good care of their bodies.

Bodybuilder type1

Well I would love if everyone had diabetes haha if everyone was a type1 diabetic none of us could moan because everyone would have it and everyone would just have to get along with it and we would all be just "normal" hAha .
A woman I have known for years came up to me in the pub one night and said I have diabetes the first thing I said was congratulations ! she looked shocked i said thats great news i explained how i thought it was a good thing. now is the time you turn your life around and become a competent confident woman she said no one else had ever responded to the news in a positive way and it was a good change .you become what you think about if you think about bad things bad things are more prone to happen if you get proactive now and focus on the better things then you think about it differently . A good nlp/hypnosis trick to use is
Try thinking about your goals in your mind as if you could see them on a big cinema screen .big, bright pictures bring them close to your mind and focus on them if you keep focusing on bad things then they say imagine you see your fears and distractions are on that screen well make them small in the minds eye have them very far away ,with only black and white. And they keep getting smaller my brain responded to this technique it does not work for everyone
But it might change your life muuhahahahah aaaa

Bodybuilder type1

O yeah another great thing about diabetes is me and my girlfriend were in Florida there last summer we went to all the parks I love roller coasters ! I was able to jump to the front of the line on the rides and pick my seat because I needed to carry my blood tester at all times, but you are not allowed to bring a bag with you . they were all very nice about it and so was I it was the best holiday ever! Front seat is just class!

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !

Not sure if anyone can be truly happy they have a disease. I think you can take some positives from it and accept it but happy ? No

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Nope! Would much rather not have it!

Sent from my GT-S5360 using DCUK Forum mobile app

JANROU

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Could certainly live without it, but can think of much worse things to live with

Ebba

For me a healthy lifestyle isn't about having 100% control. This is something i will never achieve because that is not who I am. Sometimes I can just be all over the place and other times I just sit down and have my "creative" moments.

I just want to be who I am without having to worry about bs and complications along the way.

The thing I'm trying to say is that few people would be happy having to live up to the strict lifestyle, that is required of a diabetic with perfect control.

petertremelling

Yes, I am glad that I am the person that I am today. Even though my mum died through diabetes complications when I was 15 and she was just 52, I knew her love, and would not have it different for myself. I applaud finding reasons to be positive, and I am a very positive person. Healthy eating/weight control/etc.

BUT......Yes my diabetes is nowadays well controlled. Yes my weight is lower now than when I was 13. The bald fact is still that no matter how well controlled my diabetes, no matter if I become a 12 stone weakling or whatever. No matter what, my health will never be as good as someone who does not have diabetes, this is why the medics keep checking blood pressure, keep checking my Hba1c, keep checking that I still have a pulse in my feet etc etc.

So no, I am jolly well not at all pleased that I have diabetes!

Bodybuilder type1

Here is a fact for you all, diabetics can be more healthy than people without diabetes that is just a fact I was thinking about this today and maybe it might be a bit harder for women because they can't grow as much muscle as men. growing muscle especially for men with diabetes will greatly improve your well being .muscle will soak up sugar in your blood much like a filter more muscle equals better bloods and you can gain more muscle easier because you can use insulin to send all them yummy nutrients straight to the muscle eating ****** food is ok now and again but it's a habit that can be broken if you eat healthy like lean and clean all the time you don't even want ****** food it's like I like the taste of pork but I don't eat it because of how ****** the meat is its not lean or clean
Like I said before you either make the choice or it will be made for you there is a lot of planning involved

A quick question for people. how many injections and blood tests do you take ever day ?

Bodybuilder type1

I know how to describe how one might love diabetes it could be like Stockholm syndrome
Like you have been taken over my someone/something agents your will but you still manage to gain attachment to that thing/person
Humans must adapt to our surroundings it's a coping mechanism ! Either join them or fight them ? No ?

Status
Not open for further replies.