Fed up :(

terrie2k9

Dislikes
Ignorance horrible people
Iv just been diagnosed with type 2 and I'm fed up already I understand that I need to change how I live to become more healthy to help control my levels but I'm sick of people looking at me like I'm broken and been constantly on at me about what I eat what I do when to eat. I know I should listen and take in all the information and help I can but at the minute I feel like eating sugar filled goodies and screaming at everyone to leave me alone.
So after my rant I just wanted to know did or does anyone else feel like this or is it just me?
Thanks guys
Rant over

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Re: Fed up :(

I'm pretty sure we all have days like this lol ! Enjoy your rant ! Have a treat ! Get back on track ! It's really not the end of the world you know ;-)
Just exercise, eat sensible and your body thanks you with low blood sugar and a healthy glow ! Simples !

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Oh yes - I feel your pain. I get times like that now and then. Its been a year for me since diagnosis. I have to keep coming back and re-reading the consequences of not doing the right thing. But its hard at times. You are not alone in this. Its perfectly understandable.

Having a good rant and moments of wallowing in my deprivation helps :lol:

mimo

I was diagnosed T2 2 years ago and got so fed up with everyone telling me what to do I did everything I could to sort myself out. Then burnt out a d not nearly back to where I started. Do what you can when you can and ignore others. So easy for them to give advice. Make sure you take to your nurse if you have one and rant on here as much as you like. It really helps as everyone here understands.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors

oh yes! im either pumped about all the changes ive made or completely fed up its like a rollercoaster for me, my biggest problem isnt people telling me to do the right thing, its everyone saying dont be silly you dont need to be so strict you will be fine and they all know someone who has diabetes and eats all the wrong stuff etc. i try to tell them "no its not ok to be like that" and go into the reasons for my behaviour but hear myself sounding like a reformed smoker who constantly moans about smoking and shut up, but its frustrating, i think we must do what we do for us, whatever that is. yes it sucks, my inspiration is being around for my kids, you have to try to find something that inspires you and know that feeling fed up today, this whole week or month will pass, people telling us what to do is the only thing they can do, there only way to help (or not) try to look at there advice as an act of kindness. the folks around you are probly feeling bad about it too, its maybee frustrating for them because they are not in control. you are... good luck!

kevinf1967

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

when people around me try and tell me whats good or bad for me... i go and have a low carb treat... scrambled egg with cheese and bacon maybe some mushrooms fried in butter and watch all the rabbit food gobblers get jealous.. but i know its good for me.. and too be honest i don't really miss potatoes or rice or pasta.. well pasta maybe a little...

we all get a bit down at times ..

if anyone wants to add me as a facebook friend PM me i'm always up for a chat if anyone needs cheering up... i don't have all the answers but appranetly i am as mad as box of frogs haha

kevinf1967

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

you need to go to user control panel at the top of the page and selct the PM bit :) or click the 0 new messages next to user conmtrol panel in brackets :)