New record low???

Hilary52

I was woken by a car alarm at 3am and I decided to check by bg level as felt a bit strange. It was 1.8. Yes!!! One point eight!! Is this a new record low??? Bit concerned I did not wake up cos it was so low. Am ok now

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

picklebean

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
1.8 is the lowest I've ever tested myself at. Thankfully it's only been a few times that it's got down to that level. It usually happened when I'd been sleeping really deeply due to exhaustion so I didn't wake up more quickly as I normally would have done. A couple of times I've needed glucagon because I haven't woken up but these really low sugars always happen when I've been sleeping. I think it's slightly different if you're losing hypo symptoms when you're awake during the day.

It is very dangerous to get that low. I needed help on the occasions Ive got that far down. Maybe you should mention it to your doctor next time you have an appointment but if it doesn't happen again any time soon, I wouldn't worry too much. If it does happen more then I would definitely speak to the nurse or Dr. Our hypo symptoms can change over time so keep an eye on it. Good luck! :D

Roberto

Scary when it gets that low is it!?

How did you feel when you woke, dizzy, confused, flashy eyes?

I had a 1.6 just before Xmas, totally my own fault, was working late, ate late, took insulin late and that 1.6 woke me at 1am. When that low I get the flashy eyes, shakes and an incredible craving for something sweet!

Always feel groggy next morning after a hypo during night as well....

abs

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lowest I've had is 1.1, it can feel scary may be worth checking your levels overnight for a few days.

sticks71

I had my lowest earlier this week, 1.4. But in the past few weeks I've had three of four results of under 2 and the scary thing is I haven't felt that bad. Yes I've had some warning signs that I'm low, but not THAT low! I've had T1 for over 35 years and my biggest issue is that I have definitely lost a lot of my warning signs in the last few years.

So I'm testing a lot more every day, and obviously very careful what my levels are before driving.

tom58

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
T1 fifty years. Like LauraJay I've been down to 1.2 (= 22 mg/dL here in France) a few times whilst remaining conscious. :roll: Try to keep the lowest possible HbA1c but sometimes overdo it!

Tom

nessals

while concious ive checked and had a bg of 1.1,but i was sitting on the settee and sweating like hell! Knew i was having a hypo but couldnt work out what to do for ages.Had hypos where my machine just says LO,so ive no idea how low that is.Usually thats prompted someone to call a paramedic.Used to have glucagon injections but not for a few years,they are like gold dust in my surgery.

duranie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Winter!
I had 0.9 once....managed to get to the kitchen and obviously enough juice to get it up to a reasonable level than passed out ...must've done enough to keep me going until my flat mate woke me up, surrounded by juice cartons and bread

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Lo is worst ever for me... Fortunately that lowest drop point was after eating at a normal hypo level....... So just because levels are caught between lo and 4.... It doesnt mean to say you arent going to drop further from that particular reading.......Dont know what level 'lo' starts at though..it can be quite suprising watching yourself on a cgm as to exactly how long it can take to raise bg levels.. And how much further they can drop after your cgm has projected a low, and how long it can take for the bgs to rise after eating....

DarkForcesRebel

One time in the car away from ASDA, i had a hypo, And i literally fainted in the car, my mum (Who was driving) started lightly hitting my leg and We had to pull over

tom58

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sorry if this is topic drift but what do you do when your bg is super low? Red coca-cola is my favorite because you can't get lucozade in France and had to find an alternative (juice is too slow, like duranie found). Always have mini cans of coke handy when travelling and now prefer it to lucozade. Each can contains about 65 cals and the bubbles seem to speed the effect... bit like champagne and alcohol!

Tom