Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Re: Is there anybody out there that is happy to have diabete

Bodybuilder type1 said:

To bodybuilder type1..... Eat lean and clean like horse meat eh! Pity muslce pumping doesn't grow your brain, then you may talk some real sence instead of the self worship **** that you do.....pushing your way to front of a queue and using diabetes as your reason kind of reveals your immaturity. :lol:[/quote]

Well actually yes it does grow your brain look it up also I could have not been effected by horse meat because I do not eat burgers or mince.that is not lean or clean, so shove it !
Muscle is the best bit of any animal and horse is just muscle there is nothing wrong with eating horse in fact I would eat it before I would touch most beef and I am a chef ! Where is the self worship I am telling people they can live healthy you are so funny you would rather think bad of me being happy because your not happy ,no who's the selfish one ?? And you too mate can change that attitude

And if that is immature to skip the line then yep I must be immature or a genius! whooooopaa !! Haha :) as I said before use diabetes to your advantage always

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App[/quote]

Bodybuilder, read what members are posting please, then you will get a pretty good idea on how alot of them are feeling towards you. And no I won't and wouldn't, deliberately use diabetes to jump a queue , unless I had too. You are perfectly entitled to air your views and opinions,it is a forum after all, but people don't want it shoved down their throats. Regards RRB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Robinredbreast said:
Bodybuilder your name seems to say it all. I didn't want to comment on the things you were saying,but felt I had to say something.

I dont think you are delibratley winding people up,Its just who you are, but to me you come across as, I'm a body builder...........and hey,I've got diabetes........... did I tell you that I'm a bodybuilder and I've got diabetes, WE ALL KNOW YOU ARE A BODYBUILDER and HAVE DIABETES. I HAVE DIABETES TOO, an active person in my mid 50's with a 12 yr old, a carer for my elderly parent, and many medical conditions to boot. Its the unsung heros that get my respect and admiration. Bodybuilder, less is more sometimes. I'm afraid I take most of what you have said with a pinch of salt :thumbdown: You certainly seem to have set the cat amonst the pidgeons, haven't you?

RRB

Bodybuilder type1

Robinredbreast said:
Bodybuilder your name seems to say it all. I didn't want to comment on the things you were saying,but felt I had to say something.

I dont think you are delibratley winding people up,Its just who you are, but to me you come across as, I'm a body builder...........and hey,I've got diabetes........... did I tell you that I'm a bodybuilder and I've got diabetes, WE ALL KNOW YOU ARE A BODYBUILDER and HAVE DIABETES. I HAVE DIABETES TOO, an active person in my mid 50's with a 12 yr old, a carer for my elderly parent, and many medical conditions to boot. Its the unsung heros that get my respect and admiration. Bodybuilder, less is more sometimes. I'm afraid I take most of what you have said with a pinch of salt :thumbdown: You certainlyseem to have set the cat amonst the pidgeons, haven't you?

RRB
Yes my name is bodybuilder type1 I wanted to call my self other things but they were all used up mister Robbin lover like! that says it all you are a Robbin lover arnt you come on u can tell uz .How immature is that !Like seriously when did I go on about bodybuilding I think I put in one of the comments that I think I would like to compete in bodybuilding I'm very sorry this offend you my lord ! But it was to give more person information on how to live a healthier life and it is working. why did you comment? you have no point .

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

btw I am not male :lol: :lol:

Regards RRB

kjw123

Bodybuilder type1 said:

To Bodybuilder type1.....this has to be biggest load of rubbish you have written so far....now I realise your purpose is just to wind people up which is is evident in......."muuhahahahah aaaa".....something a 5 year old would put I guess.

I'm all for people expressing an opinion but not someone that express their opinion on other's as if it is the whole truth.[/quote]

Wow I made someone mad lol
The muuhahahahah a aaaa was a joke because people will often think that people are being crazy to say something like I said it was funny well I thought it was. if you don't find it funny that's ok we don't all have a sense of humour.
Seing as you know what and what not I am saying is right. can you please explain how I am trying to wind people up ?
of just pointing the finger and saying I'm talking a load of **** please explain where I am going so wrong
For one thing I was asked to give a talk on diabetes at a local school I gave talked to new diabetics at my hospital and am currently working with a young guy from where I live to help him and to show him that diabetes is grand it's more than grand its great !

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App[/quote]

To Bodybuilder type1....What offends me most is, You are constantly talking about Diabetes being a grand and a fantastic desease to have etc. etc. but for me and hundreds of thousands of other diabetics around the globe it's not fun and I don't think it is helpful to ram it down their throat that it's their fault they have complications and you don't, all because they don't live the same lifestyle that you do.

I think you need to keep your perfect lifestyle to yourself and not preach to the rest of us especially when your young fit and still healthy.......I want you to come back when you are older.....say mid fifties then tell me how your feeling.

I too was Diabetic at your age and felt fit and it never bothered me.....and yes it did have a couple of advantages i.e. free prescriptions etc. which at the time I thought was cool.

However I would not wish Diabetes on my worst enemy and I would certainly not come shouting on a site like this about how wonderful this potentially crippling desease is.....I think that is at least immature and short sighted.

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

What a complete load of rubbish. Where is the evidence that black pepper helps weight loss? The evidence that beetroot helps with blood flow?

You state that having large muscles will improve BG levels because muscles soak up glucose and that this has less of an effect on women because they can't grow large muscles. Complete and utter rubbish. Exercise improves BG levels because, during and after exercise, your body produces hormones that make your cells more absorbent, thus requiring less insulin. In other words your body regulates your sugar levels with less of a dependency on insulin. And before you ask I've played rugby for 18 of my 29 years, lift weights and do cardio most days.

Go and do research on hba1c and complications. Even with one in the 6s, you are at an increased risk of complications.

I admire your positive attitude, but God help any new diabetic that is mentored by you. I only hope that anyone reading your posts pays no attention to the advice you've given out.

Bodybuilder type1

SamJB said:
What a complete load of rubbish. Where is the evidence that black pepper helps weight loss? The evidence that beetroot helps with blood flow?

You state that having large muscles will improve BG levels because muscles soak up glucose and that this has less of an effect on women because they can't grow large muscles. Complete and utter rubbish. Exercise improves BG levels because, during and after exercise, your body produces hormones that make your cells more absorbent, thus requiring less insulin. In other words your body regulates your sugar levels with less of a dependency on insulin. And before you ask I've played rugby for 18 of my 29 years, lift weights and do cardio most days.

Go and do research on hba1c and complications. Even with one in the 6s, you are at an increased risk of complications.

I admire your positive attitude, but God help any new diabetic that is mentored by you. I only hope that anyone reading your posts pays no attention to the advice you've given out.

Yes yes and yes there is proof!! You have the Internet Now go prove me wrong ! And I will promise I will take back everything I have said and if anybody else looks up what I have said they will see the truth ! No body listen to these people they will try make you feel bad it's not there fault it's just there bad attitude so you are telling me muscle does not soak up sugar well then haha and that there are many foods to help the recovery and blood flow in your body haha look you do the research and stop saying I am wrong price me wrong I bet you can't !

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

The threads growing arms and legs :)

As I said earlier there are a few positives which I could find but on the whole the negatives far outweigh the positives by a long long way, it would be fabulous not to live each day with diabetes and I hope to see the day when this is possible.

Although you do sound a positive guy Bodybuilder I cannot believe that anyone would not want to rid of diabetes forever, so when you wrote the following I did struggle to get my head round your reasoning:

Bodybuilder type1 said:
If someone offered me a pill to get rid of my diabetes I'm not sure i would take it

Bodybuilder type1

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Anyone can put anything on the internet. The internet is full of garbage about the supposed health benefits of x or y. Unless there's been a scientific study or clinical trial, then its just pseudoscience to me.

Read what I said again about what exercise does to glucose control as I dont think you've understood. Its not about the size of your muscles, its the fact that you've done exercise.

sassywriter43

Can I say I HATE having diabetes. I HAVE TOO many things wrong with me already thanks, and if someone said to me here is a pill that will get rid of your conditions I'd happily take it.

I approached my GP 2 months ago, to have chemo, to help rid my body of ME. to be told I am too severe!! Talk about a kick in the teeth. I had all the research, that says it helps it - but only if you are in a certain percentage. Buggar!!! :x

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Results within 1-sigma, that's not efficatious. They state they couldn't rule out non-disclosed effects. They don't know anything about the safety. They dont mention anything about it "improving blood flow", this paper is about improving cycling time trial performance.

Mikegray0001

You no some days I have been thinking about this and yes I really sometime cannot be bothered with it. I have a lot of hate built up inside of me. I blame it on my diabetes because I can. I'm just fed up. Sick of injecting 9 times a day and testing 20+ times a day and trying to eat healthy and yet I still have the highs and lows. For me this week has been hard. I've had it for 20+ years. And to be honest I'm sick of trying to be a positive influence on me my family and everything. I hate having to calculate how much to eat not to eat and all that pish. Most of all it never used to bother me but I'm a big lad and get the old oh aye steroids? F*ck off!!! The days I have good are good the days I have bad are really bad. I know everyone is the same and or there is supposed to be worse out there but on bad days it can't get any worse.

Ps bad day.

Faith*

Dislikes
Arrogant/unhelpful people. Spiders/bugs basically anything with 6-8 legs. Creeps me out.
Hate mud unless I'm camping oddly

I can't believe how out of hand this thread has gotten - just come home from shopping for my wedding to catch up and there's like 4 pages I've had to catch up on with this topic!

I just want to say that I personally think that this topic has gotten way out of hand. Yes, some people can be happy and maintain healthy lifestyles with diabetes. I'm managing ok, I look forward to things and do the best with my control, I'm happy to run between 5-9 I maintain a strict healthy reduced carb, highish protein diet and exercise routine. I'm getting married in 5 months so am obviously on a mega high in life at the moment.

I would however take that miracle cure in a heartbeat! I'll be battling you all in the queues for it.

On the other side of it, people aren't happy with the condition. Some people have horrendous times with diabetes, I've a few friends really struggling and the things they describe are awful, I only pray that in another 20 years I'm still maintaining the lifestyle I have now. My heart truly goes out the those people, I hope to God that they can reach a compromise with there diabetes to at least have 4/7 good days where they can get on with the lives.

At the end of the day every one of us with diabetes goes through our own 'trauma' and no one can understand this except for another diabetic. With it and as bodybuilder type 1 has said (and I do agree with him on this bit) diabetes is what you make it! I moped around for years quite ill and then decided sod it, I'm gonna beat you so now, I believe in trying to rule it rather than let it rule my life. (I do my best anyway but we all have our days of throwing things at walls).

How about we all agree to disagree and go back to supporting each other in getting through the days ey??

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Well said faith, totally agree

Sent from my GT-S5360 using DCUK Forum mobile app

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !

Nice one Faith ;-)
Ridiculous to think anyone can be "happy" to have a chronic, life changing ilness ! We cope, but live in hope !

Sharon68

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Totally agree with Faith, I am sure all of us would welcome that miracle pill

Sent from my CnM TouchPad 10.1DC using DCUK Forum mobile app

AMBrennan

They dont mention anything about it "improving blood flow",
True, but since the claim of "improving blood flow" is fairly vague I assumed that he was referring to the (beneficial if small) effect in the paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.