Recipe Cards

eggplant

I've been diagnosed for around 10 months now with Type 2 and this forum has really helped me get on top of things (thanks all on the forum). I decided to start making photo recipe cards for the meals I like. I'm sharing these on Twitter if folks want ideas for basic meals. Each recipe contains info on fat, carbs, protein and calories.

I will say straight off that I don't low-carb particularly but I do try to reduce my carbs and usually average around 150 or less daily. So, I realise my recipes won't suit everyone but they work for me and I'm just sharing. I used the advice on here to test before/after meals to see how these meals worked for me and I'm fine with them. I generally have smaller portions as this helps with the carb control.

https://twitter.com/diabeticbeat

Enjoy. All feedback welcome. If you'd like me to try out a recipe - feel free to ask. All recipes are individual servings (just multiply by number of people you want to feed to increase ingredients).

Attachments

• Breakfast - Porridge and Coffee-sml.jpg
    Breakfast - Porridge and Coffee-sml.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 977

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, Eggplant, :)

Got to say, Very impressed with with your "recipe cards"

Sometimes simple and easy becomes a winner.

well done.

Roy :)

eggplant

Thanks Roy. I'm quite enjoying making them - helps me to see how far I've come and how my meals have really changed. :D I think the best thing is that I'm definitely gaining a lot more confidence about trying out different things and not being so scared of having a little bit of what I fancy every now and then... thank heavens for test strips! :clap: