Hba1C Big improvement in results

Emmerdale

Good Afternoon In march I went to see my DN for my 6 month results alas my Hba1C result was 9.2 and my weight had sneaked ypup to 17 st 13 lbs,she told me she would give 3 months to sort myself out or medication would be increased I offered her my honest excuse in that in the previous I had had 2 months holiday in Spain but the results were still my fault,just after this I went on the 6 week X Pert course and although i did not agree with a lot of what they wanted our eating habiots to be I listened and absorbed what I thought would be good for me ,but they DID NOT agree with Low Carb, I went back last week for my results after the 3 month period my Hba1C was 6.7 and I had lost 1 St 9 lbs my self testing in the last 3 months have been between mid 5s and mid 6s so all in all I call that a result for me ,lets me keep up the good work now and see what my results are in September, thanks for listening to me. :D

Defren

Brilliant job Emmerdale. It's always so nice to see people get control and hold tight and then feel and see (on the scales) the fruits of their hard work.

Keep it up and hopefully you won't need extra meds for a long time.

cuillie

Dislikes
Too numerous to mention
Well done you, :clap: weight and lower BS, great stuff, keep uo the good work Kate :thumbup:

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
well done you :clap: :clap:

Hearing about the success of others really inspires me and helps me to keep going.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Well done on the weight loss and Hba1c :clap: :clap: :clap:

Paul1976

Dislikes
The puzzle that is Asperger syndrome that I still can't fit together.
What a result!!! :clap: Nice one,big pat on the back is in order! :D

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.
Congratulations! I've watched your levels come down. You are doing really well :thumbup:

daintytweety

Hi Emmerdale
Did you keep the Low carb ,or the nhs diet? I also went to expert,some stuff was interesting but i also only want to do low carb,as i think its better.
So you lost weight on which diet?

Emmerdale

Hello daintytweety,since my last poston this subject I had full check by DN HbA1c 5.9 (41.) weight 95.45 kgs last check on 28 Feb this year HbA1c again 5.9 weight 14 st 4lbs I have stuck with L.C. diet and reduced portion size and done plenty of walking I have had very very few treats apart from a glass of red and a few apringles I wasnt sure I could stick to it but my wife had total confidence in me which was a huge help,good luck if you go this but so many have and suceeded and finished with figures that NHS diet would not have achieved

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations!

Look out for them pringles though...MSG!

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app