Just got in from DESMOND

MrsG1

We got home from DESMOND and my hubby was really positive (to be fair he has changed a lot and dropped about 10 kilos in a month). I am super proud of him but tonight I was talking to him and it was as if I wasn't there. It worried me a bit. It was like I wasn't in the room. Is this normal? I think it may have been sugar related as he had a whole pizza, 2 yogurts, 2 bananas.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello

Wow 10 kilos in one month is like pro boxer weight loss.
I would be careful there myself.
It does sound like he would be riding a sugar high but all i can say is keep an eye on it.

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app

eggplant

Hi MrsGI

So, how was the DESMOND for you both? Did you get some helpful ideas? Pizza and 2 bananas sounds a bit mad! :lol: Suspect my BGs would be flying on those. I often fall asleep if my sugars go high but haven't 'not noticed' people thus far. :wink:

10 kilos sounds like a massive amount to lose in a month - that's around 25 lbs or nearly 2 stones, isn't it.

Hope things are settling down a bit for you both now, a few months in. :)

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
eggplant said:
Hi MrsGI

So, how was the DESMOND for you both? Did you get some helpful ideas? Pizza and 2 bananas sounds a bit mad! :lol: Suspect my BGs would be flying on those. I often fall asleep if my sugars go high but haven't 'not noticed' people thus far. :wink:

10 kilos sounds like a massive amount to lose in a month - that's around 25 lbs or nearly 2 stones, isn't it.

Hope things are settling down a bit for you both now, a few months in. :)
10kg translates to 1.57 stones which is 21.98lbs :)

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I wouldn't worry about the pizza and bananas, he may just want to not think about anything about diabetes, about foods, about desmond about monitors. Sometimes people just want to withdraw and adjust. I know it is hard for you because you feel helpless but, at the same time, you want to be doing something and want to be supportive. It's a tricky balance for you. You have to come up with ideas to be helpful without saying I want to help. He may need a respite and talking about may be an interruption. Anything good on at the cinema?