Why is their always someone on here wanting an argument?

Bombshell13

I have been looking on here for a while now and getting really put off by the constant digs from certain people to others. Why do some people have to think they know best and put others down. Such a shame!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
I agree ! There are a few who are quick to negate advice by others. There is also a large "poor me" attitude I think. OK, we've got diabetes but some people are obsessed with it and let it dictate their lives ! Need more positivity on the forum in my opinion.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Bombshell13 said:
I have been looking on here for a while now and getting really put off by the constant digs from certain people to others. Why do some people have to think they know best and put others down. Such a shame!

I concur with you Bombshell ( great name btw) but apparantley thats forums for you :roll: I find its best to ignore some replies or you could put that person on the ignore list (I call it the hit list) :lol:

Why do some people have to think they know best and put others down. Such a shame! Maybe its because of their own shortcomings or inadaquencies :eh: :?:

All the best RRB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bombshell13 said:
Very true xxx

Never look down on anyone.............unless you're helping them up :)

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice :thumbup:
RRB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Things that make me unhappy
Yep we are all in this together, its possitive help and a good beer is what we need.
Life should be fun, enjoy it while we can.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Bombshell13 said:

Hello Bombshell13.
The forum has a huge range of personalities, characters, with varying ways of thinking, concepts, ideas, opinions .
It is impossible to ALL share the same mould of opinion,thoughts,concepts, personalities ...

Some personalities are gentle,shy,nervous,laidback,sensitive,fragile etc .
Others more matter of fact,enthusiastic,cheeky,comical,robust,resilient, etc .
The personality and character traits list can go on and on here . :p

A positive outlook on things is inspiring and can help so many others in a huge number of ways.
Negativism just seeks or even invites a limited or restricted veiw on things with much lesser positive productivity.
Anger or hostility is usually expressed to lend harsh words to a person's "inner hurt" or strong feelings ...
Some people simply just say things quite bluntly it is their way and style !

Other persons can be actually battling with something "else" withinthemselves rather than
actively deliberately seeking an arguement .
Its called displaced focus - grumbling about some 'other thing(s) ' - rather than facing the very thing(s)
that is churning away inside of their own selves...

We are all different and individual - each person unique :)
So in a large forum of members - so 'many' persons will think and speak differently .

It is always best to try to veiw things with an open mind - then make up your own choice/decision .

Anna.

vonbon1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being sick 24/7
Unfortunately that's the way of the world. we may not like it but it happens.

Well said RRB :thumbup:

This is a great site it helps many many people, we just have to use the posts that are helpfull and scroll down by the ones that are not :lol: thats what I do.

Like water off a ducks back. let the bad vibes flow over you and by you. only allow the good into your life that way the bad doesn't affect you.

vonbon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
1905 said:
Yep we are all in this together, its possitive help and a good beer is what we need.
Life should be fun, enjoy it while we can.

:thumbup: can't give a :thumbup: to the beer though, as I don't drink :lol:

Life is for living, I think we all want to live and not just to exsist.

RRB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
vonbon1 said:
Unfortunately that's the way of the world. we may not like it but it happens.

Well said RRB :thumbup:

This is a great site it helps many many people, we just have to use the posts that are helpfull and scroll down by the ones that are not :lol: thats what I do.

Like water off a ducks back. let the bad vibes flow over you and by you. only allow the good into your life that way the bad doesn't affect you.

vonbon

Nice one "vonbon1" :thumbup: RRB

Bombshell13

All good points!! It's just I got a personal message from someone telling me I was wrong about something (which I wasn't) and I thought well if you are so sure why not say it publicly? Just someone wanting to get one up as usual I guess. I rarely post on here, it's just reassuring hearing other people's similar experiences, I just didn't like someone trying to make it as though it's a competition of who knows the most. Sorry guys for the rant but you have all made me feel better! I'm off to finish cooking my Sunday roast now, I hope you have all had a good weekend!! Xxxx

vonbon1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being sick 24/7
Bombshell you're very welcome. hope yours was a good one too. enjoy your roast
vonbon xx
:)

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, Bombshell13 :)

I hope those certain people can understand what harm is caused by their so called digs.

You could drop a bombshell directly on these threads when they occur. "woops not a stupid dig at your great name".

You have made a good point, lets hope the Moderators take it on board (they will)

Good luck

Roy, :)

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I agree with izzi .The trouble with forums(fora)? is that you cant see the body language also you are not in a conversation so things arnt always in context if you know what I mean .Also you dont know what the posters or readers sense of humour is like I think my sense of humour is great but for all I know I could really upset someone who doesnt know me .I am not trying to excuse rudeness or bad manners or those who deliberately wind up others just because they can .I suppose the best thing to do is to ignore any argument .Where there is no fuel the fire goes out :silent:
CAROL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
carty said:
I agree with izzi .The trouble with forums(fora)? is that you cant see the body language also you are not in a conversation so things arnt always in context if you know what I mean .Also you dont know what the posters or readers sense of humour is like I think my sense of humour is great but for all I know I could really upset someone who doesnt know me .I am not trying to excuse rudeness or bad manners or those who deliberately wind up others just because they can .I suppose the best thing to do is to ignore any argument .Where there is no fuel the fire goes out :silent:
CAROL
What I believe is that if someone starts a thread then answers should be aimed at debating the OP's problem or offering help and advice.

A not so recent trend is that posters start sniping at the other contributors and not helping the OP at all. There are one or two people who make a career out of it.

There is one contributor who often takes a lump out of me without helping at all and I have noticed other people have taken exception to this kind of thing.

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Its just the nature of human beings I suppose. Some people have control issues and a need to be right all the time. Others are open to new ideas and information. Its the same in the real world and on forums. Just ignore the naysayers and negative thinkers.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
I must be reading a different forum I don't see what you mean I only ever see nice folks trying to help other folks

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Andy, the majority are great, unfortunately it's the whiners and righteous that we remember though lol ! Having said that, I've always received great advice but I've read a few that have made me wince occasionally !

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Bombshell13 said:
All good points!! It's just I got a personal message from someone telling me I was wrong about something (which I wasn't) and I thought well if you are so sure why not say it publicly? Just someone wanting to get one up as usual I guess. I rarely post on here, it's just reassuring hearing other people's similar experiences, I just didn't like someone trying to make it as though it's a competition of who knows the most. Sorry guys for the rant but you have all made me feel better! I'm off to finish cooking my Sunday roast now, I hope you have all had a good weekend!! Xxxx

Challenging someone's views by PM is cowardly in my opinion and I think if someone did that to me I would copy & paste what they had said onto the forum discussion. If the PM was offensive or abusive you should report it to the moderators as that is not in the interests of the forum.
Fortunately there are more good, helpful souls on here than there are others.
Regards
Angie