Best meter and finger pricker

kerrie03

Hi, I was just wondering which are the best meters and finger prickers to use? I have arthritis in my hands so the easier to use the better and I find it difficult to get a large enough drop of blood for my One Touch Ultra Easy-especially on a morning.

fractureman

Bayer contour USB such a small drop needed & battery lasts for ages then simply charge up on PC or use free plug-> USB converter you can get from them. Stores loads of results & new one also allows you to log insulin taken

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

mickthered

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I use the accu-chek mobile find it great as I'm out a lot especially at weekends and it means no messing about loading strips and lancets straight out of pocket and do what I've got to do no worrying about running out of strips or lancets neither even used it at crowded football match whilst watching the game without anyone even noticing

Also found it the most painless to use as well actually pricked my finger three times once as didn't think the first two had worked

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
The Accu-chek Nano is a great little meter as is the Bayer Contour USB which I use now, the lancing device that comes with the Nano has a Multiclix drum that contains 6 lancets so you don't have to fiddle about changing the lancet each time, the lancing device that comes with the Contour USB is pants so I just continue to use my Accu-Chek one.