Contacting PALS over blood strips

• Thread starter Deleted member 45091
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 45091

Well enough is finally enough my recent blogs is how iam a type 1 diabetic for last 23 years i probably test on average around 7-10 times a day sometimes abit more if having a **** day. At the minute i get 1 box a week which i can only get from my chemist on a tuesday. Fair enough i do get 4 boxes a month which should be more than enough for most diabetics, but ive decided this is not good enough..If they want to make cuts do it somewhere else like there wages for a start as there not doing there job properly i just dont buy it when i here if you test and dont react to your sugars whats the point. and having to explain and give good reason why i need more...Simple fact is iam diabetic and i want my stuff, even if my sugars dont improve just on the basis if i know what my sugars levels are it makes me feel more comfortable and confident when out and about doing things. Ive contacting pals about this saying they cant reallly do much but i did get a few extra boxes from the nurse at my local GP so assume they have been contacted by Pals, think this mite be a sweetner to stop me pursuing this. Now ive realised this prob is a one off..So back to the docs again today to give them around of *******s, next step is to complain through pals.. even thinking about not attending my annual reviews etc in protest..Its ok they make out they care but clearly they dont its all figures and box ticking for when they get audited. Its nice just to know ive got a couple boxes spare in cupboard if i need them iam not asking for the world for gods sake...I complain for more than one box at a time then there response is to get me to see a dietician and kindly booked me in to see a phycologist wow...23 years being diabetic i just about know what carbs are in all foods without looking and as for a pycologist well i will go and see him and kindly explain yes i know iam a DIABETIC i get reminded everyday but being drip fed my medication once a week and being treated like a kid dosent help one bit.

LauraJayType1

I don't blame you! I get four boxes of strips a month too and that's no where near enough! I test more as thats the only way to keep good control and yet they don't give out enough strips to do this! Its really stupid!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App