Treats

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Usually when I want one lol. Most of the time will eat out at least once a week. But, if I feel like it maybe more. I do exercise regularly and eat healthy but as long I work out my insulin when I want a treat not a problem.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using DCUK Forum mobile app

meJulie

Just started low carbing, but after the initial 2 weeks, I am hoping to have a treat once a week :clap:

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have treats that dont affect my sugar levels like 85% dark chocolate, a bottle of wine etc about once a week/every other week.

I'm really disciplined at the mo and turn down cake and chocolate etc even though I love it! Been Christmas when I last had some.

I treat myself properly the evening of when I had my hba1c taken. For my next one I'm buying a box of Thornton Continental, going out for beer and curry and I'll book the following day off work!

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Probably more often than i should :) eating mostly low carb cakes or dark chocolate but have regular ones as well. If you take correct amount of insulin is not a big problem but i imagine it causes spikes

staycalm&hopeful

Hi it all depends how i feel,Have a nice indian takeawaymost fridays yum yum :D

Sometimes i fancy a choc bar but when i eat it ifeel so sick.have lost one stonesin 6 weeks
going for my full bloods friday wish me luck!Debs :D

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Pearsall85 said:
Hey all, how often do you have a treat? Like a piece of cake or ordering a take away or going out to eat?

Stu.

I don't eat cakes at all and will only have a biscuit if I'm hovering around the 4mmol mark, takeaways I do like and my favorite is Chinese or an Indian, however these are just occasional treats and will have one every 2 months or so.

I do love food and try and eating healthy most of the time, Saturdays are my day for a treat and this is when my wife makes homemade chips and we have this with a good quality sausage, black pudding, coleslaw and a side salad :thumbup:

Faith*

Dislikes
Arrogant/unhelpful people. Spiders/bugs basically anything with 6-8 legs. Creeps me out.
Hate mud unless I'm camping oddly
I tend to have a treat day every Saturday, either some ice cream or chocolate or some crisps, the odd little alcoholic dring depending what mood i'm in. I have a very strict diet and exercise routine through the week though so having a treat to look forward to is always a positive motivator for me :D

Pearsall85

Good to hear its not only me then having a treat now and then, I normally have take out food on a friday night with my girlfriend. The one thing that I need to try to stop having so often is real ale! Im a sucker for the stuff but ive been testing lately by having a few units of insulin before hand to try help the spike.

Stu.