Cold feet

David 23

Hi. I have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes since last year sometime I have a memory lose problem with some things and dates are the worst so please don't ask me about dates.
I was in the doctors today about my feet and bp my feet are cold most of the time and are burning other times the tips of my toes feel like they have holes in them ( but there are no holes), and the diabetic nurse done a test with a nylon spike and I could not feel it around the toes and then she used vibrating tongs on the big toes and could not feel any vibration.
Oh, I forgot to say that I have had nails off on both big toes years ago.
Back to the feet, the nurse has referred me to the doctor about my feet but I forgot to ask her what she thinks the problem is, anyone know what the problem is and what the treatment is and what questions do I ask the doctor when I see him,

Nkvd

I get one foot that goes cold and cant feel any thing all my doctor said was it down to my weight as its not in both feet but i think its nurve damage as i loose weight and still have the cold foot but since then i not been able to move my toes any advice what the cause could be

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

toots8298

Sorry I've not come across this yet.

The only thing is my feet gets stone cold and don't warm up for ages but think that's slightly different.

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Unfortunately higher glucose levels can, over time, affect both the nerves and circulation to the feet.
If you have lost some of the sensation to your feet it's very important that you look after them. eg wearing shoes or good slippers with proper bottoms in the house, checking your feet daily , being aware of any changes of colour or swelling or blisters/bites that don't start to heal promptly , checking the temperature of the bath before getting in.
Improving or keeping good glucose control is very important
There is a lot of useful information about diabetes, feet and how to look after them here:
http://www.diabetes.org.uk/Guide-to-dia ... ring/Feet/

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I use an acupressure massage mat when i get any foot issues.
Odd to get used to at first but hey,after dental abcess everything's a breeze.

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app