Drugs and alchol

Diabetick

I'm 15 years old ove had diabetes for only arou d two yearsimtyle 1 diabetic I smoke abit a d smoke weed I have discovered that if you smoke it lowers your blood sugar levels so sometimes I can eat something smoke and my levels will be fine without doing an injection does anyone know what any other drugs do to your levels a d I would like to know more about alchol and diabetes please

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There are two separate things to think about where alcohol is concerned as well as the normal guidlines for people that do not have diabetes.

Some drinks contain sugar and the alcohol can give you low blood sugar.

Spirits do not contain sugar unless you have a mixer with it in which case you should concern yourself more with the mixer. Wine does have unfermented sugar in it and the sweeter the wine the more the sugar. The quantities in wine are not huge and most people can drink a couple of glasses without ill effect. Beer has sugar in it and the summer weight beers have even more and considering the amount of beer some people drink it is worth being a bit careful.

With respect to the alcohol, the liver provides sugar if your blood sugar is low but it won't do so while it is processing alcohol. Mayoclinic.com say that one symptom of a hangover is low blood sugar even in healthy people. You should be aware of this if you are injecting.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hangov ... ION=causes

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't have much advice on this except the universal advice of don't drink on an empty stomach. With wine and spirits there is not much of a problem. With beer you should avoid keg beers if at all possible. Watneys pioneered the Red Barrel which was made from wheat flour and was pretty grim. Other kegs are gassed and can be even more grim. One in my local village tried to gas it with nitrogen. I suppose the logic was that if you don't like it with carbon dioxide then see how you like it with this. All gassed beers will make you puke quicker.

All I can add is it doesn't matter whether or not you have diabetes, drinking too much can get you arrested. Enjoy yourself (in moderation)

PS. Pay particular attention to the low blood sugar problem that comes with a hangover.