Myself

rosiebuds1955

Dislikes
savoury foods
Hello my Name is Rosiebuds1955
I have been a Diabetic since December 2004 wright on top of Christmas I have a sweet tooth so found it very hard . I have been told it gets easier It doesn,t and I often find my self binging I know this is naughty .Do other Diabetic have this problem ? what is the solution ?. I am new to the forum and would like to get to know people I inject 4time daily and metformin twice daily I am blind now in one eye and do have other health problems , but do not want to dwell on them ,
I have lots of interests knitting sewing sudoku scrabble I live in sheltered housing with my partner and theres plenty happening in the communil lounge to join in I have recentley taken up in-door bowling and enjoy that too though I hasten to add I'm not very good at it . I would love to here from you please get in touch .

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi Rosie - nice to hear from you and welcome. I think you will find some friends on this forum. Do you have any particular problems that we can help you with? There is always someone who can help.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nice to hear from you Rosie. Bingeing in sweets is nice but it is not the sort of thing that will help a diabetic. There is nothing I know of that will help you carry on doing that without some damage. Was your eye the result of diabetes or something else?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
rosiebuds1955 said:
Hello my Name is Rosiebuds1955
I have been a Diabetic since December 2004 wright on top of Christmas I have a sweet tooth so found it very hard . I have been told it gets easier It doesn,t and I often find my self binging I know this is naughty .Do other Diabetic have this problem ? what is the solution ?. I am new to the forum and would like to get to know people I inject 4time daily and metformin twice daily I am blind now in one eye and do have other health problems , but do not want to dwell on them ,
I have lots of interests knitting sewing sudoku scrabble I live in sheltered housing with my partner and theres plenty happening in the communil lounge to join in I have recentley taken up in-door bowling and enjoy that too though I hasten to add I'm not very good at it . I would love to here from you please get in touch .

Hello and welcome rosie :wave: its nice to meet you :wave: RRB

Slesser1

Hi rosie buds
I only came on the forum yesterday, but have found it quite informative. I was like you, and binged, didnt check my glucose levels. Pretty much buried my head in the sand. I saw my first consultant last year, and luckily, he was amazing and gave me lots of good information. I know it's hard, but you will get lots of advice on this forum. I'm still trying to learn how to carb count but getting there. Im t2 on tablets and victosa injections, but the injections dont seem to be working the way they should as im still struggling to lose weight and my gl's are still up and down. I'm sure someone will be along soon who is t1 and can give you good advice xx

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Sharon68

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Rosie :wave: I tried bowling once, have to say I wasn't very good at it, spent most of my time picking up my bowls from the ditch :roll: Hope you find this forum interesting, its certainly been a huge help to me

sue cope

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Rosie - don't think there is a solution for those of us with a sweet tooth - however, try to limit either the amount you eat at each binge, or cut the binges down to once a week and remember to take enough Insulin to cover the carbs consumed. Not ideal, but better than blindly (sorry, no pun intended!) binging without thinking.

Squire Fulwood - tried to send you a private message to ask you this but couldn't work out how ? So, the question is.....why 'Squire' ?

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
Hello and welcome! I have a problem with binge eating especially with pms! Just absolutely have to eat something! Its so difficult to deal with. A piece of advise that sometimes does help me- you eat something sweet as a treat but how is it a treat for your body when it can do so much harm? As I say it only helps me sometimes but I hope that's better than not at all.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
sue cope said:
Squire Fulwood - tried to send you a private message to ask you this but couldn't work out how ? So, the question is.....why 'Squire' ?

A local pub landlady gave me the title after some years of drinking in her pub and it stuck. If I ever needed to phone the pub I just had to say "Fulwood speaks" and she knew instantly who I was. Fulwood is not my name but that's another story.

sue cope

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks for replying Squire.......not the answer I expected. Squire is the title used for 'captain' of a Morris side so thought you might be upholding an English dance tradition !

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The Morris dancers did ask me to join. When I said I didn't dance they said but you drink. That'll do.

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Squire fulwood and the dance of the morris...:grin:

Its catchy!

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app