Pnumonnia Vaccination?

Berbatov

Dislikes
To date GP's with uncaring attitudes, whom think they are diabetic consultants.
At my GP appointment was pressured into having the above jab there and then. I said I would think about it. Has anyone else had this jab, is it okay ?

Cameraman

Dislikes
Rude or ignorant people
The only thing I have ever heard about it is, your only allowed one jab in your entire life, thats supposed to cover you for ever :shock:

Never spoke to anyone whos had the jab though.

I had it when I was diagnosed in September along with the flu jab. I had no side effects except that my arm ached a bit for a few days afterwards. My husband also had one when he was diagnosed last year with no ill effects.

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
I've had it no side effects, dont forget that Pneumonia is a killer, better be safe than sorry.

cjohnson

Dislikes
Spiders and other similar creepy crawlies
I had it when I had flu jab couple of weeks ago. Arm ached a little bit for a day or two but nothing other than that :D
You only have it once and that's it for life!

CJ

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
I've had with no after effects at all.

Berbatov

Dislikes
Thanks for your replies guys, I will book an appointmnet and get it done today. Will report back any problems, but from the sounds of it shoul d be ok. :wink:

Jimbo1973

Dislikes
Beetroot, Cucumber, Radish, Prawns - and arrogant people that have no understanding of how ill you can really be without looking ill
The day I came out of Hospital, I was rang by my doc's surgery and asked did I want to come in for my Flu Jab ?
I asked was it absolutely neccesary as i'd spent 4 days in the Hospital having needles stuck in me and was pretty cheesed with them tbh - she asked me was I asthmatic or diabetic: I replied in teh affirmative to both, although Asthma has not been much of an issue over the last few years, she said " oh god yes, you REALLY need to come in and see Julie, the Practise Nurse"
Was there the next morning, had the flu jab and then she said - while your here you may as well have the Pneumonia Jab as well - job done
No aching arms, no side effects, nothings fell off yet - in a nutshell, don't be a wuss and go get em please :D Pneumonia is a Killer and a serious threat to Asthmatics and Diabetics, i'd rather have a few seconds discomfort than spend any more time with the nice Doctors and Nurses in the Royal Bolton Hospital

Jimbo

PS - I'll rescind that last statement if that really really really cute nurse wants to come give me some jabs at any time of the day or night :oops:

Linda59

Hi all
Had my Pneumonia jab 11 years ago all well until got pneumonia in March, recovered now but took 6 months to do it. but can't have another as you say its 1 for life, asked about another but so many different forms of pneumonia they can't give for all.

Linda

:)

cavelioness

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
having mine tomorrow both pnumonia and flu :? :? :?

cavelioness

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Well I didnt feel a thing no numbness nothing

While I was there the nurse did ask if I was testing at all and I said they wouldnt provide me with a kit and thats because 6 months ago they were not to give out kits and strips because of the cost. I said well I will have to fund my own then.....no comment from her :roll: :roll: :roll:

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I had the pneumonia jab last year and had no ill effects. It's a once only thing.
Pneumonia is a killer and AI want to see my grandchildren grow up

Trinkwasser

cavelioness said:
Well I didnt feel a thing no numbness nothing

While I was there the nurse did ask if I was testing at all and I said they wouldnt provide me with a kit and thats because 6 months ago they were not to give out kits and strips because of the cost. I said well I will have to fund my own then.....no comment from her :roll: :roll: :roll:

How ironic, they want to save you from pneumonia so you can die of diabetic complications instead

Berbatov

Dislikes
Had it done now so thanks for the advice again. Arm slightly achy for one day, but only if stretched upwards.

:)

Linda59

Hi all
Eleven years ago I had the pneumonia vaccination I was told it would be repeated at 2 yr intervals, after 2 yr asked and was told no, powers that be decided it lasted 5 yr, after 5yr told no, it lasted 10yr, then I get pneumonia but still can’t have another as too many strains can’t give it for all.

:?