Anger issues

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A nano aquarium is simply an aquarium that has all the qualities of a larger variant such as filtration and somekind of pump or impeller to force the water around.
The difference being size, they can go from around 7.5 litres to probably a top end average of 55 litres.
Betta splendens or the siamese fighting fish are beautiful but don't mix well. Cherry shrimp are fascinating (don't mix with bigger fish or its lunch) tropical, coldwater or marine, the latter being the hardest to keep as it's saltwater, but this is where you get wonderful species like clownfish ( finding nemo?)
Take a look at my youtube video if you get chance and see it for yourself:smile:
Beautiful stress beaters!

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app

rebel1

I've just started drinking Green Tea, Tetley brand, and feel alot better. About 4 or 5 cups a day. But it's probably a huge number of supplements, just need to lose a stone, then see where we go from there. I am aware that other brands of Green Tea might be better, but 'swings and roundabouts'.

MCMLXXIII said:
The green leaves can calm the storm.
Drink 2 cups in succession , avoid the tetley and decaf versions, clipper or tescos own are good.
Then see how you feel.

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
rebel1 said:
I've just started drinking Green Tea, Tetley brand, and feel alot better. About 4 or 5 cups a day. But it's probably a huge number of supplements, just need to lose a stone, then see where we go from there. I am aware that other brands of Green Tea might be better, but 'swings and roundabouts'.

MCMLXXIII said:
Drink 2 cups in succession , avoid the tetley and decaf versions, clipper or tescos own are good.
Then see how you feel.

Whatever you feel works for you my friend.
Personally the tetley was too delicate for my palate and did little for me, and i probably like the caffeine too:lol:
What supplements??

rebel1

Hi MCM

Green Tea must be good for people because it tastes awful, simple. :D

Supplements such as Bitter Lemon, Cinnamon and Turmeric.

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
rebel1 said:
Hi MCM

Green Tea must be good for people because it tastes awful, simple. :D

Supplements such as Bitter Lemon, Cinnamon and Turmeric.
Do you mean bitter melon?
I took cinnamon but was worried about the courmarin.
Straining it works as you keep the bark contained but get the goodness in the mixture.
Its so fine though a tea strainer doesn't work.
A coffee perculator would work, but its alot of faff.
Sainsburys do a cinnamon tea though.:smile:
In the end i changed to fenugreek,
I still use tumeric too.

rebel1

Yep, sorry, should read Bitter Melon. I'm taking cinnamon tablets. Fenugreek is next, but it will be in tablet form.

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just a thought.

You know tea should brew for 3 minutes.

However this tin of green tea from China also states "Tea Vessels are made of clay thus making the tea more flavour"

Could it be that the method in making your tea can also calm those stress levels.

Roy, :)

GlazedDoughnuts

MCMLXXIII said:
Then see how you feel.

I must be doing it wrong, Green Tea does nothing for my mood. I drink it in the hope that it'll help with fat loss, oh and because the Jasmine infused teabags smell lovely!

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I often thought don't diet, just eat sensibly.
Then i got diabetes!:???:
So that kind of put a bummer on things really.

soostark

hi there
i dont have diabetes but my son (age 9) was diagnosed in november 2012 and his anger is horrendous, he lashes out at anything and can be uncontrollable at times, maybe i should try him on some green tea

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My son had similar issues when starting school.
We found a therapy(?)tactic of diversion worked wonders, diverting his attention to something non descript or amusing would disengage him from rage.
We cut our the E numbers from his diet too.
Its not easy though and often takes two of you to get the desired pacifying effect.
He's nowhere near as bad now, but is undergoing some tests as they say ( unlike his sisters) he's not developing at the rate he should.
But i think he's brilliant x

amandajane

What about trying meditation or mindfulness to help with the stress levels?

Good luck with the job, it sounds nightmarish. I have a stressful job too - and perhaps that is why I am up at 4am looking at this forum!

Gillian

skhwoody

I am aglad i spotted this, i really just thought i was being a bit of an ass when my anger climbed on board. there are times i feel a rage building inside me, for no apparent reason and i have had to walk out of the room, as i know i am being irrational, but can't stop it.

Hey!!
I'm type 1 and have a foul temper too when my sugars are high!! I know a few other type 1's who are the same. I personally call it a chemical imbalance, when my sugars are high other things just aren't right too, so when I bring them down it calms me down. But that's just me! I guess it's just another diabetes "thing"!!!

davelofty77

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who moan about their life/heath and don't help themselves!
I'm the same when BG is high. I had a hypo at 2:30am this morning. Then my sugar were all over the place all day. When they were low and about to go hypo again I was fine. Later in the day they went up, I hit the wall at work and became tired and then the angry eyes were put on. I felt so daft afterwards. Just hope my work colleagues are ok about it and understand

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App