Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Pilgrim22 said:
The highest recorded level I have been is 36 after cardiac surgery

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Blimey that is high pilgrim :shock:

My highest has been a 27 - never again - it was awful my legs/joints were so sore !
Eyesight went fuzzy as well as blurred too !
It scared me witless... :***:

Anna.

pav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My highest recorded is 22.7, could have been higher as I was not testing as per docs instructions, and started testing when I felt things were going haywire and feeling rough.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
My 24.9 feels a bit punie now, this is like a race to the bottom hehe...I'm more ******** than you, no I'm more ******** No Me.....

DanniP

I've been so high that the meter can't register it, it just says HI, so I think that means it must be 35 or over. Definitely not proud of it, but I'd got my insulin cartridges mixed up and had been injecting my long acting during the day and my short acting at night for a week. I actually thought I was dying lol, my levels were so high during the day and i couldnt work out why and then I was having awful hypos at night. I am a lot more careful after realising that mistake :)

dowuchyalike

39mmol on diagnosis. Highest since was 27mmol on an occasion when I took quite a lot of glucose before exercise in anticipation of an aerobic workout but ended up doing one that was more anaerobic and hence the stress hormones pushed my sugars up rather than down.

bethan90

31 boxing day last year. Got a bit carried away with the chocs. Have been eating v v healthy last 9 months and let it all go around Christmas time just because it was Christmas. Thankfully it only lasted an hour or so and came down quickly. Scary!!

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
29 on diagnosis. Had a few 19s since and went through a patch of struggling with 16s and 17s for a couple of months last year - think I had an infection. Horrid feeling being that high

BlueQ

My highest was 28 before diagnosis. I'd lost loads of weight and was drinking water all the time (and peeing lots too). My eyesight was really blurry I couldn't see anything. It was horrible :(

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

QuirkyBit

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Highest registered on my meter was 33, but I've also had it register as "HI". Unfortunately my meter wasn't just being friendly. This was when I was a kid though, I think 1 was when I ate some chocolates without my parents seeing and the other was due to a virus I had at the time.