On land or sea or foam
You will always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home

:wink: RRB

Bodybuilder type1

Re: Please post the good things about diabetes why do you li

picklebean said:
I thought we did this thread already... :roll:

I don't like anything about my diabetes - it's a bloomin' nightmare from start to finish.

That's ok but I asked for good things not bad thing if you have something positive to say by all means say it this thread is more for people who are looking for the positive things about diabetes maybe they can show there kids who have diabetes this thread and say look you can be happy !

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Bodybuilder type1 said:
picklebean said:

I don't like anything about my diabetes - it's a bloomin' nightmare from start to finish.

That's ok but I asked for good things not bad thing if you have something positive to say by all means say it this thread is more for people who are looking for the positive things about diabetes maybe they can show there kids who have diabetes this thread and say look you can be happy !

I'm sure there are 1,000's of children out there who are happy with their life and rightly so :thumbup: its just that when you get to adulthood, or had diabetes for many many years it can start to take its toll. But BB, you have already done this,haven't you? and you got many differing answers, have a kitkat have a break, pleeeassseeee.

Bodybuilder type1

Thundercat said:
I have mulled and mulled but nope, can't think of a thing. Agree with previous comments- a similar post to this got a smidge out of control. Its obviously a contentious topic and touches a raw nerve.

Can you help me understand why so many people find this topic so offensive ?

Bodybuilder type1

Robinredbreast said:
Bodybuilder type1 said:
picklebean said:

I'm sure there are 1,000's of children out there who are happy with their life and rightly so :thumbup: its just that when you get to adulthood, or had diabetes for many many years it can start to take its toll. But BB, you have already done this,haven't you? and you got many differing answers, have a kitkat have a break, pleeeassseeee.

If this thread offends you then simply don't post in it , i know of loads of diabetics who have lived very happily into there 80tees without any complications . So do not say it can't be done

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Bodybuilder type1 said:
Thundercat said:
I have mulled and mulled but nope, can't think of a thing. Agree with previous comments- a similar post to this got a smidge out of control. Its obviously a contentious topic and touches a raw nerve.

Hi BB As I said on the previous locked thread, less is definitley more sometimes and from and what I have been reading with the replies etc it doesn't appear to be the topic that is offensive.

You must realise that a large number of threads get such differing responses which include postitives nad negatives and just because someone thinks their thread is the best thing since sliced bread ( well not white) excuse the pun, it doesn't make it tpoic of the year or it will win an award, you must see that surely :?

jayne15

HI BB there are lots of new people that are new to diabetes so I as one of them are not offended by you post as I have previously missed this thread, thank you for making me think about positives. Here goes the positives for us are lots of cuddles, eating healthily, more family time, making the most of life, the incredible love and pride I have for my beautiful daughter. :D

andywright

eaten healthy since 3 so lucky me I dont have a belly yet But to be honest Id happily trade the 39,000 jabs(including blood tests(and yes I sat down and worked it out) In a flash. But well done to you for being so positive and I hope this time theres no bullying for your optimism by people that should know better :D

Bodybuilder type1

andywright said:
eaten healthy since 3 so lucky me I dont have a belly yet But to be honest Id happily trade the 39,000 jabs(including blood tests(and yes I sat down and worked it out) In a flash. But well done to you for being so positive and I hope this time theres no bullying for your optimism by people that should know better :D

39,000 wow! I may work out mine too ! Sound for the positivity man

Bodybuilder type1

Robinredbreast said:
Bodybuilder type1 said:
Thundercat said:

Hi BB As I said on the previous locked thread, less is definitley more sometimes and from and what I have been reading with the replies etc it doesn't appear to be the topic that is offensive.

You must realise that a large number of threads get such differing responses which include postitives nad negatives and just because someone thinks their thread is the best thing since sliced bread ( well not white) excuse the pun, it doesn't make it tpoic of the year or it will win an award, you must see that surely :?

Topic of the year ? I don't understand what you mean . Win a award ?? Can you win a award on this web site ? That's pretty cool hope I win one

daniel1021

Dislikes
diabetes.

I'm type 1 and being a PT having diabetes further instills my amazing discipline with my control, food, exercise etc that I already had. The only reason people are unhappy is because they let diabetes control them instead of the other way round. I can see where you're coming from BB

daniel1021

Dislikes
diabetes.

To the people that dwell on having diabetes take control of it !
Having diabetes doesn't mean you can't be happy you just need to take action.

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Nope, I've got complete control of it, not had a hypo or hyper in weeks. Still hate having it.

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

To everyone who feels positive about diabetes. Well done and long may it shine. It would be wonderful if we could all feel that. But we are all made differently. I don't think people are finding the topic offensive but rather it is stirring up the negative feelings and anger that many of us feel. I respect yoir right to feel positively BB and I am very happy for you but it is foolish for anyone ppsting here to declare we should all feel the same

AMBrennan

To everyone who feels positive about diabetes. Well done and long may it shine. It would be wonderful if we could all feel that.
It's one thing to be positive about diabetes and another to be happy about diabetes because you get free prescriptions.

susanmanley

Thank you for putting this on. For years we have sung this song in the car on the way back from most trips and never knew where it came from!!!

ARTIST: Irving King
TITLE: Show Me the Way to Go Home
Lyrics and Chords

I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago
And it went right to my head
Where ever I may roam
On land or sea or foam
You will always hear me singing this song