What's the lowest you've been?

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
1.7 Only time I didn't feel hypo. My sister noticed it and sorted me out. Apparantly I was struggling with words ( kept referring to a white box on the table as 'the high white thing'!).

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Nicola738

Lowest I have been is 2.7 extremely scary stuff however reading some of these is totally shocking. I was diagnosed about 6 weeks ago and am starting to not get tremors as bad as I did which was my main way of telling I was having a hypo.

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bloody hell blueq, any lower and you probably would have!
:-o

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app

WendyC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
My lowest was 0.5. I was waiting to go down to theatre to have my ankle pinned and the sliding scale was not adjusted properly. I told the nurses again and again............had to wait till the following day for my op as a result!!

Beanyjojo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Hi all :wave: Newbie here to diabetes and to this forum. I was searching for posts on low readings as I'm not really sure how bad mine was yesterday... 0.5 :crazy: The scary thing was that I didn't have the normal signs, ie when I go down to 3 or 4 I start to shake and sweat and know that I'm going low. Yesterday I had none of that, I just started vomiting :(

I started to write a post earlier introducing myself, but to be honest I just cba at the moment! I guess you all know how I feel...?

Great forum by the way, it's being a wealth of information for me :D

jddukes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Had a 0.3 once. On the floor in a pool of sweat, not the nicest of experiences...

carlrr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Arguments
could someone tell me what happens to them during a hypo, please be descriptive as I would like to know what to expect if it ever happens

garythegob

carlrr said:
could someone tell me what happens to them during a hypo, please be descriptive as I would like to know what to expect if it ever happens
When i had my 1 and only hypo i was sweating, had the shakes, found it very difficult to talk any sense at all, very much like being extremely drunk really, including loss of balance! But like everything, i suppose, not everyone will get the same hypo signs as the next person!

palm_tree

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Lowest I have been is 1.1

Anyone ever tested two different fingers and got a different result? Last time I thought my blood sugar was low I tested my middle finger and got 6.7, doubted result so tested my index finger and got 8.4!

I went so low at night when I was first diagnosed while I was a sleep that I went into a mini acoma and my dad had to spread hypostop jell around the inside of my mouth luckly he knew what to do and that I was sleeping in the same room as my sister otherwise i would have died that's what the doctors told me ps they say it was mostly heat and that I wasn't used to what hypos felt like yet ( I was in Italy ) VERY scary experience expect ally if you are only 5 years of age

Isobel94

Can't remember exactly what my blood sugar was at the time-- it may have been 1.2 mmol/l, but it was the scariest experience in retrospect, because I know that there's a few minutes during that time that I just can't remember. I'm not sure if I blacked out, but it was certainly possible. I remember trying to tap my boyfriend on the nose with a cereal bar wrapper, and being totally fixated on doing this. Then I woke up in torrential sweat, with a big bright yellowish light in front of my vision. When I was trying to get my glucose, moving over in the bed, it felt like every nerve in my body was shattering. I'm not sure if I passed out, but I feel like there's a couple of minutes I'm missing from my memory. I was lying down in bed, it could have happened for all I know.

It's moments like these that teach you lessons about your diabetes. Scary stuff.

weeezer

0.8 during labour, due to delay in being hooked up to insulin/glucose sliding scale thingy. remember being sick over everything/everyone and nurses pouring a jug of glucose mixed with water down my neck! Vile. This was 11 years ago, don't know why they didnt just shove a glucagon jab in!

Then during second pregnancy years later, had a 0. Something hypo where i wasn't conscious, but hubby said was moving and acting odd. He injected me with glucagon and when I came to I thought I was in a dream (nightmare!) for ages.

Em, how old is your youngest? I had a period of about a year after my daughter was born in 09 where my hypo awareness was awful and I'd find myself at 1 or 2 point something v quickly and the odd occasion being so confused and other people had to be involved. Played around (er, adjusted i mean!) a lot with basal and all settled eventually. Scary when there are kids/babies around tho.