DAPHNE course

ChelseaLee3011

Hi all,
In the last year I have started carb counting properly (although I've been diabetic around 20 years) my doctor has booked me onto a DAPHNE course and just wondered what the views were of anyone that had been on it? Is it worth the 5 days holiday I'm going to have to take from work?

malky

Re: DAPHNE course

Sorry for hijacking your post ChelseaLee I would like to know this too, as I have my name down for the DAFNE course, in November, after 3 years of waiting

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm booked on for November this year. I'm surprised by your waiting list as I was only diagnosed just over 2 weeks ago.

I've been told by my employer that as the course is for the benefit of my health that I don't require holiday time and that I can have it off. 5 days for a course is nothing in the grand scheme of things. If you have better control then you won't require time off in the future really. That's the opinion my employer has anyway!

RichardJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

The course is very good, I went on a slightly different one for the where I live but all the same information. Now being able to carb count has got my levels more under control.
It's also a very good way of meeting other diabetics and discovering how they deal with certain situations.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

WilliamIrvine

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who think they are the only one's in the world that have any problems, animal abuse of any type

Ive done the course and it is absolutely fantastic.

You can have a nosey at the DAFNE UK website to get better info and at least have a good idea what it is all about.

I can't remember the link lol