morethanmutts

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jellied eels ;)
hi,
im trying to lose some body fat ive been going to the gym 3 to 5 time aweek for about 20 months or so, i do cardio and waights
im 33 5.8 13.7 stone bf 20% i started at 27% i am happy with my results so far but cant seem to get any lower (i feel like ive hit a brick wall) :( ive been type 1 for 17 years on humlog and lantus any help would be great! my goal is 15%

Peter

Try varying your exercise. I was told that the body gets used to what you do regularly so you need to change something in your exercise routine to 'wake it up' & get it going again.

volaer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Don't like pricking...
Exercise and strict diet always do the job. Remember, food intake always matter especially for diabetic people like us.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

morethanmutts

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jellied eels ;)
my diet has change alot since i started the gym i used to eat a lot of take aways and drink a lot but now i dont. my weight has not changed that much. in a day i have one piece of wholemeal toast for breakfast ,mid mor an apple, lunch is a ham or chicken sandwich (wholemeal)mid afternoon apple, 630 before gym is toast and honey, at gym i i sip waterdown oj, 9.00 have dinner half a sweet pot broccoli an steak or chicken i can see my diet can be better but i need help how ?

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Published information suggests that exercise doesn't make a lot of difference to body composition unless you do A LOT. Diet is more important, but surely 20% body fat is a healthy level?
Hana

morethanmutts

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jellied eels ;)
But I'm just fed up all the hard work and can't seem to shift it! :(

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Green coffee bean extract?

African mango worked for me:smile:

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Try switching your exercise to something completely different such as swimming. It is a good whole body workout. When you feel tired after a long swim it is completely different to how you feel after a session in a gym. The exercise uses muscles you hardly knew you had whereas your current routine is simply working the same ones as always.

Bodybuilder type1

morethanmutts said:
hi,
im trying to lose some body fat ive been going to the gym 3 to 5 time aweek for about 20 months or so, i do cardio and waights
im 33 5.8 13.7 stone bf 20% i started at 27% i am happy with my results so far but cant seem to get any lower (i feel like ive hit a brick wall) :( ive been type 1 for 17 years on humlog and lantus any help would be great! my goal is 15%

Peter
I'm diabetic type 1 .25 years old 6,0 foot 13.1stone bf 6.0%
You can reach your goals by taking into consideration your genetics diet exercise program and metabolism
And tweak these to suit you
I only do one muscle group a week and generally 2 body parts a day 4days a week always to failure for eg tricep/chest .shoulder/leg bicep and back 2hrs a session no more than 30second rest
To mix it up try a 3week program
For eg first week bring the muscle to failure on the 6 to 10th rep .week 2 bring muscle to failure on the 11th to the 12th rep
Week 3 bring the muscle to failure on the 14th to (for some exercises bring it to 50 reps) 20 rep and then repeat week one and so forth .your body will find it extremely hard to cope with such change and will have to adapt and after that depending on your nutrition you can loose weight or gain weight I try gain muscle and keep fat down I am 6,0 %bf and I eat 2 breakfasts 3dinners every day and on training days take a shake that has more than 1360 calories

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

edward147

hi,
im trying to lose some body fat scale ive been going to the gym 3 to 5 time aweek for about 20 months or so, i do cardio and waights im 33 5.8 13.7 stone bf 20% i started at 27% i am happy with my results so far but cant seem to get any lower (i feel like ive hit a brick wall) :( ive been type 1 for 17 years on humlog and lantus any help would be great! my goal is 15%

Peter

Hi Peter,
I understand that you are not satisfied with the result. So in my opinion you should try cardio and dead lifting to boost your body. In this way you can burn a huge amount of your body fat.