Mood swings

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
If you get mood swings with your bg levels... It isnt guaranteed that a pump is going to magically bring your levels down or up, or balanced.
Basically, the pumps do not do anything automatically. Its still up to you to manage the pump, to programme it and to understand the way it works to achieve better levels to improve your moodswings.

Initially it is a lot of extra work and understanding to get to grips with. With a pump you only get better levels with good understanding, and patience.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
You cant forget anything on a pump... You will need to monitor your basal rates, bolus's, correction factors more I believe than when you are on injections.

Although insulin will run constantly, you have to be prepared to do more..You have to take charge of the pump and to programme the data for it to give you the constant supply at correct levels....... 'forgetting' your long acting insulin will not give your HCP's the confidence for you to care appropriately with a pump...

Tiggertonia

I keep up with it for 6 weeks and lower my hbc1a down from 21 to 15 so they going to trails me on and see if it better for me. As it will alway be there I feel see and know it there. Where with injection they in hang bag or in a locker at work as iam a carer work ok the pump and I have a meet in 8 days about it and how it works. Thank very much

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Sameer

Didnit get it u mean mood swing cause of daibetes !!!????

Newly daignosed , novomix 30 , 21units in morning and 17 at night , have issues in eating and sleeping pls help me , why my morning BS is always high ???? Late night eating is the problem , so please help me guys

Tiggertonia

Try eat low carbs like veg carrots sticks carb sticks and salad plus it will fill u up more and see ur gp if u waking up high u mite need to change some think like the dose your taking or maybe go on to 4 injection a day.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App