Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
"No Smoking Day launches on Wednesday 13 March 2013 with a brand new campaign.

This year our theme Swap Fags for Swag is all about what smokers will gain when they quit - as well as improved health, they'll have extra cash to spend on whatever they like!" - http://www.nosmokingday.org.uk/

We all know that smoking is terrible for us, but some of us still do it. Have you ever tried quitting?

volvicwater22

Although I have type 1 diabetes, I quit because of the money i was spending on them. Here's some advice, I found it easier going completely cold turkey instead of the patches and gum etc, but everyone is different.
Jack :)

mickthered

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
diagnosed diabetic early January not had a cig since

however them e cigs have helped

alexrelph

I'm also T1 Diabetic ... Quit about 3 months ago, electronic cigarettes were sort of fun for the first couple of weeks shame about the taste thou ( and when they say you can smoke it anywhere do not believe it ) ... Champix was probably the best aid for me

Mbmdp

alexrelph said:
I'm also T1 Diabetic ... Quit about 3 months ago, electronic cigarettes were sort of fun for the first couple of weeks shame about the taste thou ( and when they say you can smoke it anywhere do not believe it ) ... Champix was probably the best aid for me

Oh really? What were the restrictions when you were using the electric?
I couldn't get on with champix they made me feel really sick.

The first time I gave up I did it on cold turkey and gave up for 4 years but I had a lot more will power then than I do now!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
alexrelph said:
I didn't find the electric ones too bad, but just didn't feel like they satisfied my cravings at all. As for the taste, you can buy ones with different flavours (I quite liked the cherry skycig). I was also irritated to find that a lot of places still don't like you smoking them indoors even though they give off no harmful fumes and no smell... oh well.

alisoningold

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I would like to try an e cig but I don't think I would want to smoke it indoors - it's not a "replacement" for a cig then, as you can't smoke indoors anyway!

WilliamIrvine

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who think they are the only one's in the world that have any problems, animal abuse of any type
My partner uses the VIP E-cig and smokes them indoors no problem. He also uses the Vapouriser which the VIP company sells. Initially expensive to buy but the fluid is alot cheaper when you buy the refills and lasts a hell of a lot longer.

He smokes them all in doors and so far no hassle. They all do say that you can smoke them in doors as they are not real cigarettes with all the nasty by products.

Mbmdp

WilliamIrvine said:
My partner uses the VIP E-cig and smokes them indoors no problem. He also uses the Vapouriser which the VIP company sells. Initially expensive to buy but the fluid is alot cheaper when you buy the refills and lasts a hell of a lot longer.

He smokes them all in doors and so far no hassle. They all do say that you can smoke them in doors as they are not real cigarettes with all the nasty by products.

That's the one I've got but what is the vapouriser? I've just got the screw in filters?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App