FRIGHTENED.Help please. abnormal kidney results.

darcy5211

Feeling so ill, can anyone tell me how diabetes type 2 affects kidneys and how ill it makes you? What you can do about it? I was told today by DiabetesConsultant/ Doctor, I need another blood test urgent (done today), scan..dont know when... Have been in pain, feeling sick, no appetite, urine problems for 2 months now! I now need pants on day and night. In last couple of days I am swelling up, faint,sick etc..frightened now. I have been drinking lots of fluids but cant eat anything...Do I just need to wait for Doctor to get in touch?
Thats not how it happens is it? They can only ask for tests/scans and they dont follow it up, do they? What if I pass out??? I live alone...
Sorry to go on, but any ideas or am I worrying too much?

WhitbyJet

darcy, please make an emergency appointment with your GP today or go straight to A&E, you are clearly in so much distress and discomfort, there is something not right, you must not wait for a doctor to contact you.
You have other medical issues as well, and latest symptoms could be anything from a severe infection to kidney stones and anything in between, go and get help now, dont delay, swelling, vomiting, not eating, etc you are heading for electrolyte imbalance.

Thinking of you, please come back and let us know how you get on. Big hugs x x

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Hi Darcy I totally agree with Whitby Jet you need to get this investigated but tests will no doubt have to be made and results do take a day or two to come back to the doctors.

But as you are obviously in such distress I would also suggest you phone your doctors and make an urgent appointment and discuss your problems with him/her. It may well just be an infection that can be easily treated with a course of antibiotics but they can only be prescribed by your GP :D

I do hope you get this sorted quickly and get some relief.

Tiggertonia

U sound in a lot of call gp and see a diabeaic nurse they beable to follow it up and give some table if need or advise u on painkiller if need. I few year I was like that and I was told to drink cranberry juice as it help with infections hope that helps hope it easy for u soon xxxx

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

WhitbyJet

Tiggertonia said:
U sound in a lot of call gp and see a diabeaic nurse they beable to follow it up and give some table if need or advise u on painkiller if need. I few year I was like that and I was told to drink cranberry juice as it help with infections hope that helps hope it easy for u soon xxxx

Tigertonia, I know you mean well, and its nice that you care enough to answer this post, but I would be very careful when recommending any kind of remedy, even something as harmless sounding as cranberry juice, to someone suffering from kidney disease;
its possible the person needs to have a reduced potassium diet, cranberry juice is high in potassium, probably also in sugar?

Tiggertonia

I am care work and with any infection it been advise cranberry juice I don't mean any harm it just want I been advise and every one I know who as infection. The best thing they can do is go to the gp or walk in place like a n e and shocdoc who will then be able to advise on who cause the pain and that.

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Having high blood sugars!!!!!
Go to your GP, I spent 2 weeks thinking I had a chill on my kidneys thinking it would go, finally went to GP and got admitted to hosp, they found a 3mm abscess on my right kidney, it went down with Iv antibiotics, done at home. But caused by a ur infection. It hurt like hell, going to the loo a lot and loss of appetite. I still suffer with infections and I am on constant antibiotics because of it. Get it checked please.