Missed my dose of insulin !!!

Sameer

I have eaten my breakfast but missed my dose of insulin now what should i do its only 20 min , pls reply asap !!!
Suppose to take novomix30 21 units !!

Newly daignosed , novomix 30 , 21units in morning and 17 at night , have issues in eating and sleeping pls help me , why my morning BS is always high ???? Late night eating is the problem , so please help me guys

ivinghoe

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
professional football
Take it now .. you may go a little higher than normal but dont go without any. Keep a closer check on your blood levels too

Sameer

I took it thanks but after 2hours i went into hypo
I called my doctor she said its ok lol

Newly daignosed , novomix 30 , 21units in morning and 17 at night , have issues in eating and sleeping pls help me , why my morning BS is always high ???? Late night eating is the problem , so please help me guys

123natasha123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hey, how you doing now after the late injection? the morning highs could be that your evening long acting is not enough, but if you are eating alot over night maybe u need a higher ratio for food. i no my self that over night i need alot less insulin but maybe you just need more. if you are also eating sugary foods late at night you could try giving an injection half an hour before eating to stop a peak in your sugars. this would then also help with insulin resistance/ sensitivity that you can get when your sugars are high, as it can take more insulin to bring you down if you have been high for a little while.

l0vaduck

123natasha123 said:
hey, how you doing now after the late injection? the morning highs could be that your evening long acting is not enough, but if you are eating alot over night maybe u need a higher ratio for food. i no my self that over night i need alot less insulin but maybe you just need more. if you are also eating sugary foods late at night you could try giving an injection half an hour before eating to stop a peak in your sugars. this would then also help with insulin resistance/ sensitivity that you can get when your sugars are high, as it can take more insulin to bring you down if you have been high for a little while.

I don't think this applies if you're on a mixed insulin - I didn't realise people still used this regime - but it is a lot less flexible than multiple daily injections (otherwise known as basal-bolus).

Sameer

Well what i have planned is to change my dose from 21 to 20 and eat something after 2 hours of breakfast !!!!
Thankyou all

Sameer

No i dont eat any sugary things ...... I eat dry fruits and biscits ..... Whole wheat one ........

Sent using Ipad .

Sameer

No dry nuts are not sugary !!!

Sent using Ipad .