How important is excersice for me , walk or treadmill i mean

Sameer

Pls guys guide me how much excersice can help me ......and if the BS is under control than how much walk and treadmill can help , pls guide guys !!!!

Newly daignosed , novomix 30 , 21units in morning and 17 at night , have issues in eating and sleeping pls help me , why my morning BS is always high ???? Late night eating is the problem , so please help me guys
Sent using Ipad .

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Re: How important is excersice for me , walk or treadmill i

Sameer exercise is important. At the hospital I go to there is a picture on the wall of a three legged stool. One leg stands for insulin, the other for food and the third for exercise. They each play an important part in T1 diabetes control. Exercise is good for everybody's (edited sp) health and for us on insulin it can lower glucose levels and make us more insulin sensitive. People who exercise regularly may need to take less insulin.
All forms of exercise are useful, walking is good, or running or swimming or sports. You don't have to do it on a treadmill unless you prefer to exercise that way.
However at the moment, I think that you really need to get your insulin/food worked out before you start trying to do large amounts of exercise. With your type of insulin you will need to work out a regular pattern of eating, insulin and then work out the best times to exercise.
Unfortunately mixed insulin doesn't work well if you change the hours of these things from day to day.
Your post the other day said that you were working nights. Do you do this regularly or do your working times vary? If they vary it will be more difficult to get everything balanced from day to day .

(Just a note to the poster above, (Naturalremedy) no amount of herbal medicines can replace insulin in a T1 diabetic. The advice not to go to a doctor is dangerous)

Superchip

Dislikes
GP's, Diabetes Nurses.Crazy NHS guidelines on diet for Diabetics, they are seeing off millions.
Cheap Whisky !

Good post pheonix !

I'm a T2 but I agree with all of your info and particularly like the 3 legged stool analogy, I have used that in corporate affairs to much the same effect.

Like your footnote advice to previous poster, herbal remedies are not proven to combat diabetes otherwise we would all be consuming them. The claim about 2 mmol seems somewhat extreme ?

Be happy Superchip

AMBrennan

Half an hour daily is enough, as long as you sweat out some glucose, you need to control your diet, no rice, no flour/bread, eating onky greens and fish will never raise your glucose level to 2mol even if you eat till you r full
[...]
don't go for doctors prescription
Nonsense. Please restrict your low-carb and nature woo peddling to non-insulin dependant diabetics. No insulin = DEATH

Superchip

Dislikes
GP's, Diabetes Nurses.Crazy NHS guidelines on diet for Diabetics, they are seeing off millions.
Cheap Whisky !

AMBrennan, Please don't point that persons opinions towards us poor T2's !

I LOVE LOW CARB! it certainly works extremely well for me. As to the 'nature woo peddling' I assume that you mean herbs and stuff, the only ladies fingers I know have nowt to do with diabetes ! I feel that the poster you refer to is heading toward some sort of advertising caper.

pheonix had it spot on.

Sameer - ANY exercise is GOOD as long as it is not painful.

Regards Superchip

iHs

I also agree with what Phoenix has said.

Sameer

Thankyou soo much for all the help .... Really appreciate .....and i never believe in herbal meds they are fooling people making money ..... Herbal is scam !!! Sorry !!!

I will try to atleast walk on treadmill !!!!

Thankyou soo much

Newly daignosed , novomix 30 , 21units in morning and 17 at night , have issues in eating and sleeping pls help me , why my morning BS is always high ???? Late night eating is the problem , so please help me guys
Sent using Ipad .

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Well said pheonix .Lets face it if eating ladies fingers (the veg kind)could cure DB we would all be CURED
CAROL

Finzi

visitorf1 said:
lots of bad advice in here from people , inc diet and meds, i have packed them all in and im letting my body loose weight until it gets to a level it can sustain in correspondence to insulin been produced , to hell with advice from docs.

Visitor, I'm concerned about you. Are you ok? You're very up and down and I'm worried you're making decisions in the depth of your distress. Losing weight is important, and good, but it won't cure diabetes on its own. And high blood sugar will, in the end, damage you more than excess weight. Try not to be so hard on yourself. Don't starve yourself like you've been doing. Eat sensibly, take your Metformin or whatever you have been prescribed, and maybe delay making big decisions until you're not in such a bad place

Type 2 on Metformin, diagnosed Jan 2013, ultra low carber, Hba1C at diagnosis 8% (64), average BS now between 5 and 6 mmol.

l0vaduck

Sameer said:
Pls guys guide me how much excersice can help me ......and if the BS is under control than how much walk and treadmill can help , pls guide guys !!!!

Sent using Ipad .

Walking helps me a lot, and I don't have to do much to make a big difference to my levels. Normally I walk for a total of an hour a day, split into three: walking to and from the station on my way to and from work, and I also go for a quick walk in my lunchbreak.

If I don't do this I need a lot more insulin to control my levels.

As you are on a fairly inflexible insulin regime, be careful that you don't go hypo - make sure you take some fast acting carbs with you and test during and after the walk.

By the way do you know why you have been put on this regime?

Sameer

What regime ???

Sent using Ipad .