Breeze 2

weepete

Dislikes
injustice
Hi folks, I have been type 2 since 1992, I recently changed to the new breeze 2 unit. I must say I am glad that I did.
The best bit about it is that I can upload the results on to my computer and I can look at my levels on a pie chart, graphs and it even records highs and lows.

Since I started using it I am much better controlled and i am now more aware of foods that put me high etc. i was suprised how much porridge affected me.

Anway ,I would reccommend this unit for good monitoring of your sugar levels.

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Weepete,

weepete said:
Hi folks, I have been type 2 since 1992, I recently changed to the new breeze 2 unit. I must say I am glad that I did.
Good sales intro - create empathy with the target.

weepete said:
The best bit about it is that I can upload the results on to my computer and I can look at my levels on a pie chart, graphs and it even records highs and lows.

Second part of the pitch - your USP - not good news I'm afraid because there are very few BS monitors that are not able to do this (Accu-check being one of the few - incidentally nice try - see if you can rubbish the opposition if given a chance!). Most monitors have offered this functionality for years - as you would have known unless you are a diabetic who has had his head in the sand since 1992.

weepete said:
Since I started using it I am much better controlled and i am now more aware of foods that put me high etc. i was suprised how much porridge affected me.

Sell the befefits! So the monitor also records what food you have eaten? - pull the other one.

weepete said:
Anway ,I would reccommend this unit for good monitoring of your sugar levels.

Finally close the pitch. Again you are on somewhat weak ground here because you don't need a graph or a pie chart to see whether the reading you have just taken is high or low - you only need to look at the screen.

You post could have been taken from any pocket "learn how to sell" book!! Don't forget that many of us on this site have come from a sales background ourselves - and we can recognise a bad salesman from a mile off. Diabetes only affects your blood sugar, not your ability to spot a sales pitch!! :mrgreen:

weepete

Dislikes
injustice
Well, that was a nice welcome to the board. Looks like I am being accused of being a salesman for the company or some other motive.

I posted on her because I thought that this was a review section and I was very happy with my new meter, after years of using one type of meter.
I have no affilation with the manufacturer or any other agent. I am a diabetic from sugarless sues area . I do not think that Iwill be posting here much if this is the sort of replies that i will getting from my posts.

weepete

Dislikes
injustice
May Imake a suggestion to the wanna be admin on here. Try to get your facts about correct about people before you start accusing them of being salesmen etc. You could have sent me a PM and I would have confirmed anything you wanted to know. Do not scare people off with your sarcasim.

Tinkerbelly

Hi Weepete

I for one cant see what is wrong with your message. I didnt think for one minute that you are a salesman working for Bayer lol

I am not at all surprised to see you rebel.

Sally

Carbuncle

Weepete,
Please don't tar all of us with the same brush.
I've been reading these forums for several months and I'm rather disappointed. It appears that if you don't agree with the clique who have opinions on everything you're villified and labelled a scammer or salesman.
I thought the forums were about free speech and not free speech as long as you agree with the chosen few.
I found the opening post interesting but I think I can expect the silent treatment for speaking up.

Nil carborendum ad illegitum

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Welcome to the forum,Carbuncle.Love the sig.BTW ,one of my favourites!There's a lot of info on this forum and a lot of opinions!

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I think both parties need credit here, and a bit of context needs to be brought to light.

Weepete - don't be put off, and please keep posting. I think there needs to be an innocent until proven guilty policy on here, but we've had a lot of problems with false-selling and spam, hence the justifiable suspicion of the regulars/mods. Dennis is incredibly helpful to a huge variety of people, and he is never, to my knowledge, sarcastic. So, everyone is off to a bad start, but I can vouch that the moderators are good people whose reason for posting here is to help.

Carbuncle - There is, to my knowledge, no-one grinding anyone else down here, but a decent crew of regulars and not-so-regulars whose common interest is helping each other and learning more about their condition. FREE SPEECH IS THE NAME OF THE GAME, just read the threads and remember, the people who post regularly are also the ones who are there when someone is newly diagnosed and overflowing with quesions that aren't necessarily being answered elsewhere.

So, can we restore some friendliness and order?

Best regards,

Admin 8)

Stuboy

Dislikes
Crowds. Being high. Being Hypo.
yeh what 080818jk said.

I found the breeze 2 to be quite accurate when comparing it to my compact plus.

Although the build quality isn't great, the fact that you don't need to code and mess about with strips is great, it speeds up the process of testing alot. I dont personally rate the lancet device that comes with it.

I will be sticking with my Compact Plus GT untill somethign better than that comes out :)

crafteclaire

Dislikes
cheats and liers
Hi everyone

This thread was a bit stressful to start, wasn't it!!!

I've got the One Touch Ultrasmart and their software.

You can record everything you do as you do it on the machine - bms, food eaten (and break down cho, protein, fats etc. etc.), meds, excercise (and log the intensity and time taken to do the workout). You can record all your hospital test results on it (A1c, Microalbumin, Cholesterol, Blood Pressure, Eye exams, foot exams, weight and height, hospital visits and even say if you're feeling hypo or stressed, if you're ill and if you're on holiday!

You download the meter data onto the computer and you can get no end of different graphs and charts for analysis (you can actually see these graphs on the machine itself, but the screens a bit small if you want to analyse it in detail), AND I worked out last night that I can then e-mail a summary of those charts to someone who doesn't have my software, which is brill as I don't think my diabetic nurse has it - can you imagine how many different programs they would need if everyone had a different machine?!

Anyway, just thought I'd share with you!!

... and NO, this is not a sales pitch, I'm just listing what mine does and want to know if any others are as good!!! :mrgreen:

Buachaille

Dislikes
Blondes with small...................................
I bought an Accu-Chek Aviva 15 months ago. I then contacted the company web site, spoke to the freephone number in Ireland and next day received the free infrared device and software for transferring data to my PC. The software does the usual types of analysis but my preference is to put the info into Excel and produce my own which show more detail.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I love my Freestyle Mini and test on my forearm. Very few pain sensors there. I simply don't bother with the computer, but then I'm a strip rationed T2 ( I have inherited a meagre stock of strips.)

1000nettie

I have to say that I have only been Diabetic for 3 years and have only used one model of glucose meter (accuchek) and I did not know that you could get meters that showed a graph - I assumed they were more or less the same.

So I am pleased to find out information regarding meters, and if I ever need a new one will think carefully about my options in future.

So I for one am grateful for any information!

Tony_Holden

Dislikes
Mills and Boon books, hip hop music, New Labour.
I've ended up with both an Accu-Chek Compact Plus and an Ascensia Contour... don't ask, I've only started testing myself this morning, but already I'm more impressed with with the Compact Plus.

My practice nurse has used the Contour and Microlet to check my levels up until now and it always seems fiddly and painful. With the Compact Plus, the lancer is less painful, the main unit feels better put together and I like the rubber-like coating on the Compact Plus and the drum system for the sticks. I also like the pouch for the Compact plus, it seems to be better quality rather than the thin nylon used by Ascensia.

Jem

Dislikes
People that feel just because diabates is a life-threatening "illness" it should be treated with kid gloves and nobody is allowed to have a laugh. My humour got me through abuse, near death experiences, serious and debilitating illnesses and lifelong pain and deformity - why give up the thing that works??
Using One Touch Ultra 2 ... seems fine, wish you didn;t have to code it but hey, that's not really a problem.

The finger prick thingy is good though, really doesn't hurt very much - it's a One Touch Ultra Soft and the lancets are really quite slim.

The build quality - well I've only had it for a week but it seems fine and if you register it comes with a replacement warranty thing. Or something.

x

saffireblue

Well, I'm a newbie here, too, and don't have any sales affiliation with any company. I'm a type 2 diabetic professional musician. I've been using the AccuChek for several years, and just recently won one of the Bayer Breeze2 meters off this site. Ok, get your stones ready...I like it!!!! It's easy for me to hang onto, the blood pricker is easier, and it sucks up the blood quicker then anything I've seen, and the readout is accurate. So, we all have our likes and dislikes. The main thing I like about my Breeze2 is the fact that I don't have to insert a big drum...just a small lightweight disk now. By the way, it fits nicely in my Desang slim case.

SB

Jem

Dislikes
People that feel just because diabates is a life-threatening "illness" it should be treated with kid gloves and nobody is allowed to have a laugh. My humour got me through abuse, near death experiences, serious and debilitating illnesses and lifelong pain and deformity - why give up the thing that works??
the breeze2 is nice and I like the disks too - it's my backup device :) ... you can buy disks off ebay WAY cheaper than anywhere else, although mine work fine they seem to take longer to give the result, but the blood sample is tiny ...