forum for multipul long term conditions

johnno1

I havet2 advanced state on basil bolis and metformin max dose, also have sleep apnea syndrom,hep c and ostio arthritus.
meds I take are lantus 2x humilogue fast up to 6 times a day, metformin 6x, tramadol 8 caps a day parasetamol 8tabs a day,
beclafen 6 tabs a day, rinitdean 2tabs ,clonosapam 100mg seterial 100mg and stattin sometimes have to take other meds for the arthritus, and am on inhailers fo asthma. I have dupeatrons in both hands thogh had an op on right hand and is doing well left hand I'm waiting shortly to see hand specilest, was un able to have op last year because diabetes was unstable. having trouble with right foot round the big toe, and had to have several toe nails removed because of then curling. had two frozen sholders which do restrick movement, took 2 years to put the right one pain free the left was18 months. Suffer with depression hence the meds is there any hope.

WhitbyJet

Johnno, sorry things are so bleak for you at present. I once asked the same question, is there hope for me, a doctor replied with 'oh yes, there always is hope, as long as you are still breathing'.

I dont know your circumstances, so I cannot give you advice, but I can tell you what I would probably do if I was in your situation. I would read Bernstein, Diabetes Revolution, this book has given encouragement to many, some people have been able to reverse or improve their diabetes related complications.
I would look for some kind of 'healing diet' = eat good home made meals using the freshest, natural ingredients I could find, think of your body as a luxury car, you would never put cheap petrol in there would you?
I would pamper myself, physically and mentally, eg yoga, meditation, soothing bath soaks by candle light, drink herbal teas, use aromatherapy, have a massage, country/beach walks, etc

I would try my level best to do something different, to make a new start if you like, I firmly believe that is is possible to get well again, its hard work, but worth the effort.

You posted your story here, I think everyone who reads it will be sending you positive thoughts.

I wish you all the best.

brunodog25

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
HOSPITALS AND CERTAIN STAFF DOCS NBOT BEEN STRAIGHT WITH ME PREFER TRUTH THEN GET IT OVER AND DONE WITH
SORRY YOU 2 I DON'T REALLY KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH BUT HAVE A GOOD IDEA AS BEEN THROUGH THE MILL MYSELF . ALWAYS HAD LUNG PROBLEMS OF ONE SORT OR ANOTHER AND VARIOS OTHER HEALTH PROBS THEN DIAGNOSED DIABETIC LAST DEC 10TH. PUT ME ON METFORMIN 500 MGS AFTER BREAKFAST AND THAT NEARLY KILLED ME I AM NOT SOFT NEITHER A BIG TOUGH GUY . I COULDNT COUGH WITHOUT AN ACCIDENT SO THEY CHANGED ME TO METFORMIN SR 5OOMGS AFTER A MONTH OF FEELING ASHAMED OF MYSELF THIS WAS WORSE I HAD HORRENDOUS STOMACH CRAMPS WAKING UP DURING THE NIGHT IN A COLD SWEAT COVERING MY BODY THEN I EVENTUALLY SAW THE CONSULTANT AND A FEW DAYS AGO WENT ONTO A NEW MED SORRY CANNOT REMEBER IT BUT HOPEFULLY I SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP THAT SOUNDS BAD THE WORST THING IS EATING I AM ON STEROIDS DAILY THEN LAST WEEK DUE TO A BAD CHEST INFECTION THE GP DOUBLED MY STEROIDS ASKED WHAT ABOUT THE DIABETESD HE JUST SHRUGGED HIS SHOULDERS AS MUCH TO SAY EITHER YOUR CHEST IS BAD OR THE DIABETES. AS WE ALL KNOW STEROIDS MAKE YOU EAT TYHIS IS BAD ENOUGH WHEN DIABETIC BUT HAVING THEM DOUBLED WELL IN A QUANRY SO ENDED UP WITH A HALF PACKET OF RYVITA A NIGHT IN BED INSTEAD OF MUNCHIES AND DIET DRINK AND FRUIT AND MY WEIGHT IS GOING UP THE SAME RATE IT SHOULD BE GOING DOWN WHAT A BAG OF MESS WE ALL ARE IF WE WERE ALL PUT IN A BAG A GIVEN A GOOD SHAKE WE MIGHT GET A POLITICIAN LOL
TAKE IT EASY OUT THERE AND REMEMBER NO ONE IS ALONE

brunodog25

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
HOSPITALS AND CERTAIN STAFF DOCS NBOT BEEN STRAIGHT WITH ME PREFER TRUTH THEN GET IT OVER AND DONE WITH
brunodog25 said:
SORRY YOU 2 I DON'T REALLY KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH BUT HAVE A GOOD IDEA AS BEEN THROUGH THE MILL MYSELF . ALWAYS HAD LUNG PROBLEMS OF ONE SORT OR ANOTHER AND VARIOS OTHER HEALTH PROBS THEN DIAGNOSED DIABETIC LAST DEC 10TH. PUT ME ON METFORMIN 500 MGS AFTER BREAKFAST AND THAT NEARLY KILLED ME I AM NOT SOFT NEITHER A BIG TOUGH GUY . I COULDNT COUGH WITHOUT AN ACCIDENT SO THEY CHANGED ME TO METFORMIN SR 5OOMGS AFTER A MONTH OF FEELING ASHAMED OF MYSELF THIS WAS WORSE I HAD HORRENDOUS STOMACH CRAMPS WAKING UP DURING THE NIGHT IN A COLD SWEAT COVERING MY BODY THEN I EVENTUALLY SAW THE CONSULTANT AND A FEW DAYS AGO WENT ONTO A NEW MED SORRY CANNOT REMEBER IT BUT HOPEFULLY I SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP THAT SOUNDS BAD THE WORST THING IS EATING I AM ON STEROIDS DAILY THEN LAST WEEK DUE TO A BAD CHEST INFECTION THE GP DOUBLED MY STEROIDS ASKED WHAT ABOUT THE DIABETESD HE JUST SHRUGGED HIS SHOULDERS AS MUCH TO SAY EITHER YOUR CHEST IS BAD OR THE DIABETES. AS WE ALL KNOW STEROIDS MAKE YOU EAT TYHIS IS BAD ENOUGH WHEN DIABETIC BUT HAVING THEM DOUBLED WELL IN A QUANRY SO ENDED UP WITH A HALF PACKET OF RYVITA A NIGHT IN BED INSTEAD OF MUNCHIES AND DIET DRINK AND FRUIT AND MY WEIGHT IS GOING UP THE SAME RATE IT SHOULD BE GOING DOWN WHAT A BAG OF MESS WE ALL ARE IF WE WERE ALL PUT IN A BAG A GIVEN A GOOD SHAKE WE MIGHT GET A POLITICIAN LOL
TAKE IT EASY OUT THERE AND REMEMBER NO ONE IS ALONE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
johnno1 said:
I havet2 advanced state on basil bolis and metformin max dose, also have sleep apnea syndrom,hep c and ostio arthritus.
meds I take are lantus 2x humilogue fast up to 6 times a day, metformin 6x, tramadol 8 caps a day parasetamol 8tabs a day,
beclafen 6 tabs a day, rinitdean 2tabs ,clonosapam 100mg seterial 100mg and stattin sometimes have to take other meds for the arthritus, and am on inhailers fo asthma. I have dupeatrons in both hands thogh had an op on right hand and is doing well left hand I'm waiting shortly to see hand specilest, was un able to have op last year because diabetes was unstable. having trouble with right foot round the big toe, and had to have several toe nails removed because of then curling. had two frozen sholders which do restrick movement, took 2 years to put the right one pain free the left was18 months. Suffer with depression hence the meds is there any hope.

Hi there sorry to hear of your medical problems johno

I have a few medical conditions (1st one, Type 1 diabetes,many years) and I keep getting more auto-immune diseases. On Friday at the diabetes Clinic, the doctor was asking if I am on any more medication, I told him yes and what they were and also being tested for something else,I told him what it was and he said 'oh you poor thing',because I then said I didn't want another auto-immune disease. But when I walked out of the hospital, I thought as long as I can put one foot in front of the other, there's always hope :) Snap, btw with the frozen shoulders, but I won't let them stop me from doing things, I have just finished decorating mlounge, hall and landing, it took me a lot longer because of restrictions and tiredness, but I still did it :thumbup: Take care RRB

Reactions: 2 people

lani mitchell

I'm glad to come across with this forum site on which I can also impart other ideas and info regarding certain condition, health and wellness in general.