InsuJet Jet Injector - Got it,heres how!

sicko666

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Textbook medical profesionals! Narrow minded people.
Thought i would start a new thread so people dont have to wade through the hassles i had to go through myself and just post the main info needed:

Finally got a new Jet Injector!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

The HERO in my quest has got to be, without any question:

InsuJet.com

Maarten Kohlrautz BEc LLB

T +31 20 31 60 146 Euro Offices building- 3rd floor

F +31 20 31 60 141 Beechavenue 127

M +31 6 20 62 7071 1119 RB Schiphol-Rijk

E [email protected] The Netherlands

From as soon as contacting him he has bent over backwards trying to help.

The jet injector : 40 units, came with nozzles,vial adaptors,a hard case to keep it in and even a nozzle remover lol which will mean no more having to use kitchen draws to pull the old nozzles off with ( a small but very important addition which i never got with the Sq-pen lol! )......

There is a new order form available from :

http://www.insujet.com/index.php?m=downloads

And i would also recommend going too:

http://www.ppa.org.uk ( and search for "jet injector" to get the PIP codes.)

So if your interested just print these off and take it to your GP for them to write out a prescription. Then take prescription and the order form,it has all the bank account numbers and contact details on it to your chemist.

Lol its been a nightmare finding and then getting a prescription, then getting the chemist to do something.....BUT if i can get one then i reckon anyone should be able to. If any of the above give you problems then point them here so they can see someone already got one so they have no excuse not to let you get one too!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

bonerp

Have you used it yet? How do you get on with it?

I tried one about 4 yrs ago before I went to a pump and it was extremely painful. :!:

sicko666

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sorry i dont know why but the "Notify me when a reply is posted" seems to not be working,or more likely hotmail is screwing up as usual....

Anyway bonerp to answer your question, i have had three jet injectors in the past,the Mhi-500, the Sq-pen,and now the InsuJet ,the Mhi-500 hurt a lot, the Sq-pen still hurt but less so, and now the InsuJet ,it still hurts a little now and then but is nothing like the other two which surprised me, infact i would compare it to a needled injection, atleast i have not experienced a huge amount of pain while using it ,if you always inject into a fleshy leg and let the insulin reach room temperature first ( i still use pork U100 10ml vials ) like you should with all jet injectors .
Of course i cant guarantee it would not hurt everyone (everyone's different, as are if you hit a cluster of nerves or not) but it feels to me a lot less painful than my old Sq-pen. ANY injection will hurt to some extent though, lol, i bet your tubing inplant injection every 3 days for your pump hurts right? :lol: :D

Seriously though, in my opinion this is the least painful jet injector i have ever used so far.

As for using it, it is absolutely identical to the old Sq-Pen only slightly smaller.
You just twist the end round clockwise until it will go no further, then plug it into the insulin Vial and twist it round Anti-clockwise till you reach the correct dosage, which is displayed in a little window.Then you leave it about for about 15minites (i have to because my insulin is refrigerated) for it to warm up, then you just place the nozzle end against a flabby part of your leg and hold the bottom end tight against your leg with one hand and the top end in the other, use your thumb to slide the safety catch across and just push the top end down.
It sounds a lot more complicated than it actually is, once you have done it once you easily remember how to do it again. :lol: If it only took me once then anyone can use it! :lol:
Once a week you have to change the plastic nozzle, which is easy (and theres no chance of getting needle stick either unlike some pens lol!) You just slide the safety catch at the nozzle end to the "open" position and then twist the end Anti-Clockwise, then just pull the nozzle out,replace, and reverse the above.Again i am probably making it sound complex,but once you do it once its so easy you dont forget and you'll wonder why you ever needed to read how to do it! :D

The only down side in my opinion is the fact it only goes up to 40units which means because i mix my insulins i now have to use it four times a day instead of two times like i did with the Sq-pen.For the sake of saving 1cm in length i would have preferred it to be longer. :lol: Mind you being a "needle phobic" i would never swap it for a pump with that "harpoon" every three days :shock: ,so considering ALL the alternatives involved needles, there was no real option for me but the InsuJet, but i am amazed by how little it has hurt to use so far i don't mind telling you, pleasantly surprised, but surprised nonetheless!!!! :D

Hopefully diabetic clinics will eventually get some in so people can try it for themselves to see if its for them or not, i guess only time and hopeful thinking will answer that one? :roll:

smokeyyy

i have been useing needlefree for as long as i can remember.i have been type 1 for the last near 30 years.
i am amazed at some peoples comments that they hurt,shocking.i have a needle phobia so slightly biased about this subject.only 1 thing im gonna say why would you want to stick needles in yourself when you dont need to just because you sometimes get a sting for about 10 seconds come out of your caves neandathols we have such a thing as technology the more people who use items like these things the better they will get and they have look back at the mhi-500 it was like a jack hammer but as i said earlier technology has developed and now to the insujet.

10/10 to the makers my life is a happy 1 again now i know no needles for me

Reactions: Dars

sicko666

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Well said smokeyyy :D :clap: i dont understand it all myself either. ANYTHING that pokes a whole through skin is going to hurt a bit ( still dont know why they dont offer iPorts or even some sort of nerve removal for the area that is to be constantly injected into, so no-one would ever feel any pain again in the injection site! ).
I have discovered It is ALL to do with money, there are needle free disposable injectors that were made, and created specifically for Africa to give vaccines without the risk to the administrator using sharps ( so no chance of accidental stabbings and AIDS ) ,but the big companies pressurised using threats of removing reduced rates ,and so forced the makers of the disposable jet injector to sell the item rights to them or go under, and have they released this proven and used design themselves, no!
I myself also tried to get the inhaled insulin as soon as it was available here in the UK so type 1 diabetes with no pain, yet i had to wait a year so see the "expert" ,then another year to get a lung capacity test done ( when i had it done i asked the lung capacity team why had it taken so long for an appointment, and they replied they didnt have a clue as its usually really quite and they only ever see about two patients a day at maximum! ) .Finally, roughly 2 years after trying to get the absolutely pain free, needle free, used exactly as the pen injection devices ie the dafnie method after every card intake. They inform me its not available as NOT ENOUGH people were asking for it so its been withdrawn in the UK! Not enough people asked for it because no body was ever told they could get it! And those that did ask for it were delayed from gaining access to it for no reason other than to make it not commercially viable for it to be used in the UK!
Sorry for the angry out pouring, but its like the technology is here to stop pain already, and fear for us needle phobia diabetics, but because of "behind closed door dealings" we all have to suffer for no reason but not to disrupt the big cats massive flow of money, and the hell to the people suffering bellow! Lol, i bet they are using pain free methods of treatment when ever they need them. they just get on there own private jets and fly to where its available!!!!
Lol, sorry again, i just used to believe in all the hype that Accu ,Nordisk,BD,etc,etc, were actually trying to discover pain free treatments to help us and only after my past few months of searching for a new jet injector have i discovered that they are holding back treatments that would otherwise already be available to us..... :( :***:

Anyway the InsuJet IS the best jet injector i have EVER used, i LOVE IT!!! And if ANYBODY at all is sick and tied of needles i recommend they ask their diabetic team about them.Even if they are not to sure they even want one in the end, if more and more people ask about different treatment options being available, perhaps, it might kick the big companies into releasing their own branded pain free treatment options they already have in competition! If us the patients and users of the items themselves show a interest in new devices they might think we would choose others devices instead of there's, and that would mean a drop in their profits,now THAT WOULD make them decide to actually release stuff they have been holding back to regain the diverted money again!!!! It sad, really sad, but it is down to us to make these companies and NHS lap dogs act.

Anyway jet injectors rule in my book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially InsuJet, i absolutely LOVE those people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :D :D :D :D :D :D :thumbup:

pavmas

I have never heard of this before, I have been having trouble with the pens, a couple of times I have not been able to old on to the pens as im getting numbness and pins and needles in hands and arms.
send to see a neuro surgeon and he said its the start of diabetic nerve damage.

Now the problem with trying to put insulin in is the pen goes flying pout my hand and I dont know how much goes in or just leaks out.

I was not told of any other option.

Alun marshall

I've never heard of this but I could really do with something like this,I've been using 8mm needles for the past twelve years and I'm now on about six injections a day which is a pain to say the least.
The next time I go to the clinic I will have to enquire about it.

Bucco

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Call me old fashioned - but really ladies - whats the difference between pushing it in and forcing it through?

A gentle dribble v a high spurt?

As always I welcome your views....

Reactions: Dodo

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi...
There is another option with this to help those who have difficulty injecting and those with dexterity problems.
The "autopen classic" comes with a large 'clip on' dosage gadget and also a large clip on lever gadget to the release insulin lever via the pen.
I myself use this - as it helps me hold the pen steady then I push the larger lever downwards, which releases the insulin instantly always 'painfree' too ! Its great , these have been designed especially for persons who have dexterity problems ....
The pens are manufactured by owen mumford .
Hope this helps?
Anna.x :D

squeeze321

Dislikes
Hypos
I've heard of the insujet, injection device but I was not too keen to try it because I was concerned about insulin becoming 'lost' on the skin I mean what do you do if only a certain amount of insulin goes under the skin and the rest goes above the skin? How do you know how much insulin, if any, you have lost?

When I was injecting insulin (currently pumping) I found the injections painless anyway, I suppose you know how much insulin you are getting that way!

WilliamIrvine

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who think they are the only one's in the world that have any problems, animal abuse of any type
Bucco said:
Call me old fashioned - but really ladies - whats the difference between pushing it in and forcing it through?

A gentle dribble v a high spurt?

As always I welcome your views....

Coming from both patient and healthcare professional I always always do it gently.

A high squirt can and does allow some to escape, whereas a gentle dribble followed by a count to 10 allows it all to go in.... well in my view it does.

Just my opinion of course

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi I am intriqued by reading about the Insujet Jet injector. I will read the info in detail later, but from what I gather its not a pump ( as a pump was discussed again at my diabetes clinic on friday) is that correct.

The other thing you mentioned is about taking the prescription to the Pharmacist with bank details??????? whose bank details (don't understand that) but then again it is early on Sunday morning :roll:

Best wishes RRB

will vdb

dear sick0666
just wondering is it sore at all, anymore so than the pens?
ive been having problems injecting so I was looking round for alternatives - where'd you get yours from?

leking

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been looking for a smaller pen to take insulin with. The current ones are just too large :(

This looks quite a lot smaller, but I've not come across them before. How do they work?

I dont have any issues with pens or needles (they dont tend to hurt much either). Is this something I should look at?

Thanks!

miszu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I just got my Insujet a few days ago. I read every instruction, but I could not find out how many minutes the uptake needs ? I'm using my Novopen now, but I would be happy to switch to the needle free device.

Dars

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I've had an insujet for 2 years now. I absolutely love it. Hope you've managed to get your head around it?

Books1

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I've never heard of this but I could really do with something like this,I've been using 8mm needles for the past twelve years and I'm now on about six injections a day which is a pain to say the least.
The next time I go to the clinic I will have to enquire about it.
Do you have to use 8mm needles - i think most people now are using 4mm needles?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Can anyone help re Insujet. My daughter has been using it and it is fantastic as she is needle-phobic.
But more and more she is getting a lot of leakage on the skin - it almost flows out.
Insujet have sent me a new pen but same thing.
The only thing I can think is - maybe she isn’t keeping the red safety catch fully pushed over.
Any helpful advice !?

miszu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can anyone help re Insujet. My daughter has been using it and it is fantastic as she is needle-phobic.
But more and more she is getting a lot of leakage on the skin - it almost flows out.
Insujet have sent me a new pen but same thing.
The only thing I can think is - maybe she isn’t keeping the red safety catch fully pushed over.
Any helpful advice !?

Same thing happened to me. I use insujet 2-3 times, it disappoints me so I put it away for months then give it another chance and the circle goes on. Never actually works. I wanted to write my review on it long ago but everytime I think about Insujet its just a huge (and expensive) disappointment, Im unable to take my time talking about it without becoming depressed. I know I ll eventually pick it up again and try to make it work, but at this point... I called Spirit Health Care from Hungary to ask for help but if even the people who sold me Insujet cant figure it out... Gotta bare with the needles. Sorry..

Have a good day X

edit. Just minding ur daughters safety, dont try to push Insujet on the skin more to get insulin under the skin..it might end up the same leaking and on top of that the stream can cause some bad bruises.

Im failing to understand why Insujet worked fine the first few tries then just never again, same what ur daughter experienced too....

Last edited: