Hi

Denise02

Just woundered if any one has the emergency Id for there phones I got it and use it as my lock screen so if anything happens and they try my phone it there as soon as they touch it and knows I'm a diabetic tho it was a good idea :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Alasdair

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Re: Hi

Denise02 said:
Just woundered if any one has the emergency Id for there phones I got it and use it as my lock screen so if anything happens and they try my phone it there as soon as they touch it and knows I'm a diabetic tho it was a good idea :)

Sounds great Denise! where did you get it? I was just thinking today (once again!) how I really, really must get myself maybe a medicalert bracelet or something - I'm just not sure about doing that as I know it will prompt a lot of questions and assumptions from people so this thing sounds like a good idea - I think! I'm not sure I could part with the crest of my football team :shock:

sticks71

Yes I use that app for my lock screen too. There's plenty of advice saying everyone should have an ICE contact in their contacts, but it's not much use if you have a pass code on your phone! So this emergency ID app is perfect.

Finzi

Yes it's very frustrating when a phone has a passcode on so you can't get to the emergency contacts.

Re diabetic tattoos, bracelets etc - I wouldn't for a minute say don't get one, if you want one, but if you are found unconscious the emergency medical services will ALWAYS take your blood sugar, it will be among the very first things that they do. It's much more of an issue for members of the public, who are inclined to think that people having hypos are drunk.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

Sounds like a very good idea :thumbup:

Denise02

I wanted another tattoo but didn't no what 2 get until I seen that one I've got 5 already got 1 done in magaluf and the other 4 in turkey I'm getting a free medi alert bracelet so not sure yet