Common cold

foreverdelayed

Has anyone else noticed that this years lurgae has quite a profound affect on bg's and general circadian rhythm. I was up at 3am gorging on ham and cheese. Slept most of afternoon and woke up to a bg of 22.3mmol. This is just not me at all. I've got a cough like you would hear in a palliative care unit too! Think if I'm still like this on Monday I'll have to go back to the bloody docs....again!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lurgae (pron. ler gee) is any unpleasant sort of viral infection widespread in the community. Often involves mucus and maybe other unpleasant discharges.

I think I first heard the word in The Goon Show a radio program from many years ago but I have no way of confirming that.

Tron2112

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I had a long weekend of fun on the Emerald Isle from the 7 - 9 of March. My first post-diagnosis party, I guess. I indulged in wine, beer and vodka and various foods while trying to keep an eye on BG. I registered a couple spikes of 11.9, and fasting BGs of high 7s and low 8s. For me, this is not good control.

I woke on the last morning there with a sore throat that developed into full blown lurgy resulting in me losing my voice and going off work last Wednesday.

Tron2112

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Whoops, sent before I finished.

I've now ended up with a rash (the same kind of rash that led the dr to test for and confirm diabetes). Jeez, is this what happens when type 2 lose a grip on control and sugars go up? My weekly average was 8 instead of the usual 7. I didn't go too mad, but I ended up with cold and rash! And several days off work, which I hate to do.

anita may

Greetings all.

This year's lurgae is definitely bad.

Asthma is playing hell and second week on steroids is playing merry hell with my BGs having fantastic highs of high 20s .... no low lows thank goodness. Metformin and Victoza going well on that score .... well were before prednisolone was issued to help me breath.

Feel like its going to be a bad year for sugars and chest so dreading the hay fever kicking in

Sorry bad day and needed to vent

:???: