Shooting pains

Traceylh

Not sure if this is related to diabetes or her insulin or something completely different but my daughter keeps complaining of shooting pains in her stomach as its still new is it her body adjusting? Anybody else had this?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Vic70

It could be to do with injections if its the tummy she has them in when I had to have injections in tummy not insulin related tho I used to get shooting pains for a good while after :)

serankine

Hi I'm not sure if this helps but my daughter suffered with shooting pains and cramps. We kept telling the consultant when we went for her reviews. After 6 months the tested for coeliac disease. Which came back positive.

serankine

It has made such a difference to Leah since she has been diagnosed with coeliac. It has been nearly a year since she was diagnosed and we only get tummy aches related to her B.G being high or low. I hope it's not but in away at least it can be managed and you then no what was causing the pain.

soostark

my son diagnosed last november, gets tummy pains and diarreaha almost constant, but all his celiac tests were negative, the doctor told me it was just his body adjusting to this insulin and can sometimes take a while, i hope it gets sorted xxx