Do you ever treat yourselves to bad things?

sazdragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Bullies!!
Hmmmm I am a naughty girl alot of the time but while I am at work (unless there is only me in) I never eat the biscuits and try to get a sandwich or salad for dinner even with the smell of greasy fat chips in the air lol.

sterling

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I never have naughty things EXCEPT that I do miss fruit, and I am inclined to eat a few grams too many.

sassywriter43

I have had a big bag of mints in my bedside drawer for the past 6 months. I fancied one the other night. It tasted awful. My kids have finished them off!

hophead

Yes I certainly have high carb foods but only very ocassionally.
As for potatoes, rice and bread I have these quite regularly but in much smaller quantities than previously.

C

chris lowe

I treat myself to good things that others tell me are bad. Today I had one third of a turkish delight. The rest is cut up and in the freezer so I'm not tempted to sneak another bit until later in the week. :D

destiny

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I started off very well behaved while I got used to my type 2 and did the DESMONDs course. I practically gave up bread, sugary drinks and high carbs and got fast control. So I fo allow myself the occasional treat.

Basically a little of what you fancy is better than pigging out because you denied yourself

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Cointreau

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Checking my blood.....
I put lancets into an old container and then put them and needles into the yellow contamination bins which I take to the hospital or surgery when they are full. No danger to anyone then.

Cointreau

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Checking my blood.....
Oh yes - chocolate was never my treat but now I crave it! I pay for it big time with horrible cramping.

eveshamgal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When I was first diagnosed a few years ago I was so strict with myself then the diabetic nurse said the fatal words 'you can treat yourself now and then'

Trouble is I used to treat myself everyday!! After that I fell back into the Bad habbits.

Switch2501

I treat myself all the time. I'm type 1 and on a pump and carb counting.

This was my first Easter where I got to have chocolate eggs with no fear of rising blood sugars :) it was awesome!

Made the last 15 years of diabetese worth it :)

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
I live in wolverhampton and work in birmingham. On wednesday my dad phoned to say he was in Brum and would I like to join him and my mom for dinner at a restaurant in the mailbox, where I work. There's some lovely resturants of all kinds there, so I went out the back by the canal to Cote Brasserie and had a soup with a little bit of bread and butter and a lovely garlic marinated steak and wedges and a diet coke. I totted up the approximate calories and injected the requiste number of insulin units. I had a hospital appointment 2 hours later at the diabetes centre. I was 8.8, so not the end of the world. I was 6.8 an hour later when I got home, so it wasn't the end of the world. My consultant said if you're good 90% of the time that's fine, because your body naturally requires fat to work efficiently. Besides, it was delicious, it filled me up (though I didn't manage to finish it) and my dad, who's a tight so and so, paid for it. Plus my blood pressure, BMI, weight and overall BG levels were the best I've ever had and I got praised for making such an improvement. RESULT! Cheers Dad. Also, once a month me and my mates go to a different restaurant in Brum. I don't pig out at buffets, just eat enough until I'm not longer hungry, otherwise I feel sick and it spoils it. I'd rather leave some on my plate than over eat, especially as I'm at my target weight and BMI! If I was doing it all the time I would be very concerned. But put into proportion, it does me no harm whatsoever and a change is always nice rather than some of the bland 'diabetic friendly' fare I put up with for the majority of the time.

Mart