Breakfast on a tight timescale

terrierist

Hi All..

What do you low carbers eat for breakfast? I am starting a new job soon with 6 am starts, so really am going to be pushed, plus, i am getting fed up of scrambled eggs already!

What will fill me up and give me a good start to the day without having to take up too much time.

Thanks in advance for any replies and info.

Kev :thumbup:

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
At present I am having a crispbread, spread generously with butter and paté. A total of 6 carbs - it has to be low as I am doing 30 a day. You could always have more, at that level of carbs it won't do any harm. I don't feel very hungry at breakfast time so that's plenty for me and keeps me going until lunch time. If you get the butter out of the fridge in advance, it's very quick to do and eat, on the go if you need to.

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
As I'm retired, time does not feature regarding breakfast, but thinking about it, why not pre cook some sausages or similar and nuke them straight from the fridge while making a cuppa ... QED :D :thumbup:

Grazer

I was going to say cold sausages cooked the night before, plus a hard boiled egg from the fridge. Tomato to go with it?

terrierist

arrgggghh not sausages :lol: :lol:

I've seen enough sausages and scramblers to last me a lifetime :lol:

I like the idea of pate, but I really do miss a bowl of shreddies...

Paul1976

Dislikes
The puzzle that is Asperger syndrome that I still can't fit together.
My Labrador pup would too as she's trying to eat EVERYTHING!! :lol:

BioHaZarD

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I do pate with a bit of mayo wrapped in lettuce leafs, really yummy, a bit of cheese and some nuts, usually macadamia or brazil, or a bit of both. Really low carb breakfast and quick.

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Think we have to get out of the cereal for breakfast thing. Iv'e never been a breakfast eater so don't miss cereal. Always thought it was bad anyway. So if you think like that then anything goes. From omlettes to cold meat.

terrierist

Paul1976 said:
My Labrador pup would too as she's trying to eat EVERYTHING!! :lol:
Labs... canine dustbins! :lol: all legs, paws and slobbers, such a lovely breed of dog.

Thanks for the advice, I do like the idea of a cold meat breakfast, and also the pate in lettuce leaf sounds divine, but lettuce hates me!! Makes metformin look like an angel :shock: !!

We're off to Bury market tomorrow for our monthly mass meat/fish buy, so a trip to the wonderful Katsouris Deli looks like it is a cert..

What about a berry/yoghurt breakfast? That reccomended?

Kev :thumbup:

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
It is recommended, you can also add some nuts and some ground linseeds, its quite filling too and very healthy.

Etty

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A handful of nuts is about as easy as it can be.

desidiabulum

I've always been one of the berries/yoghurt brigade (can't stand cold meat breakfasts -- I hate it when I'm in the Netherlands). But if you're hooked on cereal-style breakfast you could try a modest amount of Lizzi's granola. I tried it for the first time today (craving a change) after several posters recommended it and my sugars were fine afterwards.

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey there!

I have 50g raspberries, 75g Total full fat yoghurt and 20g Lizi's granola. It is 15g carb overall - as an insulin dependant LADA, I jab for it, but it really depends how much carb you can tolerate. If you can handle 15g carb for breakfast, it is quick and tasty. Lizi's is the only cereal I can tolerate and I have to keep the amount small.

Smidge

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That is a very carby breakfast. What do your readings say?